public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/2437: [two-stage name lookup] template name binding problem (request for testcase-writing help)
@ 2003-01-02  7:26 Kriang Lerdsuwanakij
From: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij @ 2003-01-02  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/2437; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <lerdsuwa@users.sourceforge.net>
To: neroden@twcny.rr.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc@gcc.gnu.org, kenny.simpson@gs.dcom, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/2437: [two-stage name lookup] template name binding problem
 (request for testcase-writing help)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:30:03 +0700

 > Can somebody help me write a testcase?  This is a tricky one since the repro
 > recipe involves scanning asm, and I don't quite understand dejagnu's
 > facilities for that.

 Hi

 Just use '{ dg-final { scan-assembler xxx } }' where 'xxx' is
 the mangled function name expected in the generated assembler
 file.  You can look at several testcases such as g++.dg/abi/mangle*.C
 as examples.

 --Kriang

* Re: c++/2437: [two-stage name lookup] template name binding problem (request for testcase-writing help)
@ 2003-01-01 22:06 Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2003-01-01 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/2437; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, kenny.simpson@gs.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/2437: [two-stage name lookup] template name binding problem (request for testcase-writing help)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 16:57:51 -0500

 This is fixed in the new parser!

 Can somebody help me write a testcase?  This is a tricky one since the repro
 recipe involves scanning asm, and I don't quite understand dejagnu's
 facilities for that.

 Actually, I can't tell whether there's already a testcase for effectively the
 same bug, so if someone tells me that there is, that would be lovely. :-)

 --Nathanael