public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* libgcj/9125: VMClassLoader should cache the result of Runtime.(internal)loadLibrary()
@ 2003-01-02 10:06 mark
From: mark @ 2003-01-02 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         9125
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       VMClassLoader should cache the result of Runtime.(internal)loadLibrary()
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 02 02:06:01 PST 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mark@klomp.org
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

When you have a lot of classes that need to be interpreted then loading of the classes is very slow because the
VMClassLoader keeps tries to load new classes first by first trying to open the lib-sub-package-class.so files. But since there are no natively compiled classes it keeps falling back to the interpreter. We must cache the result of Runtime.(internal)loadLibrary() somewhere.

See also:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-12/msg00285.html
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: libgcj/9125: VMClassLoader should cache the result of Runtime.(internal)loadLibrary()
@ 2003-01-04 18:49 tromey
From: tromey @ 2003-01-04 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, mark, nobody, tromey

Synopsis: VMClassLoader should cache the result of Runtime.(internal)loadLibrary()

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Jan  4 10:49:23 2003
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I have a simple patch for this which I'll send soon.
    It implements a fairly naive cache; some discussion
    will be required.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9125