public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/8245: Crash in destructors on Solaris, no __cxa_atexit present
@ 2003-01-13  0:51 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-01-13  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaronw, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Crash in destructors on Solaris, no __cxa_atexit present

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Sun Jan 12 16:50:59 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Can you provide a somewhat smaller testcase for this problem?
    Compiling (and installing) KDE is a somewhat too-large
    testcase to try to reproduce this problem. Please see the
    bug-reporting instructions on gcc.gnu.org to see what we
    would need.

    Thanks
      Wolfgang

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8245

* Re: c++/8245: Crash in destructors on Solaris, no __cxa_atexit present
@ 2003-05-02  0:07 giovannibajo
From: giovannibajo @ 2003-05-02  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaronw, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Crash in destructors on Solaris, no __cxa_atexit present

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bajo
State-Changed-When: Fri May  2 00:07:40 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    no feedback, 3 months

@ 2002-10-16 14:46 aaronw
From: aaronw @ 2002-10-16 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         8245
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Crash in destructors on Solaris, no __cxa_atexit present
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Oct 16 14:46:01 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Aaron Williams
>Release:        gcc 2.95.3 and 3.2
I am seeing many KDE applications crash when exiting due to
destructors in shared libraries being called after the
libraries have been unloaded (hence the code is no longer present).

It looks like __cxa_atexit would solve the problem, but __cxa_atexit is not present, at least for Solaris 2.7, therefore something else should be implemented on Solaris or a __cxa_atexit should be provided (perhapse libiberty?).
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Compile KDE 3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3 or 3.2
2. Run Konqueror or Kmail (other apps also have this problem)
3. Exit app