public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/9469: [3.2/3.3/3.4 regression] initializer element is (allegedly) not constant
@ 2003-01-28 18:06 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2003-01-28 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/9469; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/9469: [3.2/3.3/3.4 regression] initializer element is (allegedly)
 not constant
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:58:23 +0000 (GMT)

 On 28 Jan 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

 >  Thanks for clarifying this. Did you notify Jakub of this report? He's not
 >  on the CC:-list.

 I presume that maintainers read the main mailing lists for anything
 relevant to their areas.  I consider him to be the expert on all the
 initializer handling code.

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: c/9469: [3.2/3.3/3.4 regression] initializer element is (allegedly) not constant
@ 2003-01-28 18:26 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-01-28 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/9469; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
 not constant
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:16:22 -0600 (CST)

 > >  Thanks for clarifying this. Did you notify Jakub of this report? He's not
 > >  on the CC:-list.
 >
 > I presume that maintainers read the main mailing lists for anything
 > relevant to their areas.

 :-) My confidence in this statement is not so high any more, at least not
 with respect to various port maintainers :-) I'll give him a ping on this
 report, just to be sure.

 Thanks
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

* Re: c/9469: [3.2/3.3/3.4 regression] initializer element is (allegedly) not constant
@ 2003-01-28 16:06 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-01-28 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/9469; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: akpm@digeo.com, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
 not constant
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:04:53 -0600 (CST)

 On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

 > On 27 Jan 2003 bangerth@dealii.org wrote:
 >
 > >     Confirmed. This used to compile until 3.0, but fails with
 > >     3.2, 3.3, 3.4. I must admit that I don't know exactly
 > >     whether this is legal code, but it looks like, and in this
 > >     case it is a regression
 >
 > It has never been valid C to use an expression of aggregate type as part
 > of an initializer, only as a the whole initializer, though the broken old
 > implementation of compound literals may have allowed this.  I'll leave it
 > up to Jakub to decide whether it makes any sense to allow this as another
 > compatibility case of compound literals in gnu89 mode.

 Thanks for clarifying this. Did you notify Jakub of this report? He's not
 on the CC:-list.

 W.

@ 2003-01-28  7:46 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2003-01-28  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/9469; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: <bangerth@dealii.org>,  <akpm@digeo.com>,  <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
     <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
 not constant
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:42:33 +0000 (GMT)

@ 2003-01-27 23:52 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-01-27 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Old Synopsis: gcc-3.2 wont' compile a particular initializer
New Synopsis: [3.2/3.3/3.4 regression] initializer element is (allegedly) not constant

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 27 23:52:10 2003
State-Changed-Why:

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9469