public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/9374: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
@ 2003-02-20  9:06 Sylvain Pion
From: Sylvain Pion @ 2003-02-20  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9374; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain.Pion@mpi-sb.mpg.de>
To: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain.Pion@mpi-sb.mpg.de>
Cc: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
        nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/9374: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:56:49 +0100

 PR c++/9374 appears to have been fixed now.  Could anyone close it ?

 It has been fixed between 20030214 and 20030219.
 I don't know by whom, but thanks :)

 Maybe the test case can be added to the test-suite.

 --
 Sylvain

* Re: c++/9374: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
@ 2003-02-20 15:33 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-02-20 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain.Pion, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 20 15:33:41 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Confirmed fixed. I'll ask Christian to make a regression
    test out of it.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9374

* Re: c++/9374: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
@ 2003-01-24 10:36 Sylvain Pion
From: Sylvain Pion @ 2003-01-24 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9374; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain.Pion@mpi-sb.mpg.de>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, Sylvain.Pion@mpi-sb.mpg.de, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:32:40 +0100

 On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:17:25PM -0000, bangerth@dealii.org wrote:
 > Old Synopsis: [New parser] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
 > New Synopsis: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 > State-Changed-By: bangerth
 > State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 21 16:17:24 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Confirmed. I don't believe it's a parser problem though, as the
 >     original synopsis indicated, rather some fallout from
 >     middle-end changes.

 What led me to believe it was closer to the front-end is that,
 although the following produces an ICE :

 template < typename T >
 void f() {
     int i;
     int ind[1] = {i};
 }

 int main() { f<int>(); }

 the following works fine (just changing "int" to "T") :

 template < typename T >
 void f() {
     T i;
     int ind[1] = {i};
 }

 int main() { f<int>(); }

 And I guess the middle/back-ends are supposed to see the same thing in both
 cases.
 I hope it helps...

 --
 Sylvain

* Re: c++/9374: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
@ 2003-01-21 16:17 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-01-21 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain.Pion, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Old Synopsis: [New parser] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
New Synopsis: [3.4 regression] ICE in  make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 21 16:17:24 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Confirmed. I don't believe it's a parser problem though, as the
    original synopsis indicated, rather some fallout from
    middle-end changes.

    The error message is
    g/a> /home/bangerth/bin/gcc-3.4-pre/bin/gcc -c x.cc
    x.cc: In function `void f() [with T = int]':
    x.cc:10:   instantiated from here
    x.cc:5: internal compiler error: in make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:790
    Please submit a full bug report,
    See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.