public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/9778 -- causing patch
@ 2003-02-20 23:46 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-02-20 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <oldham@codesourcery.com>
Subject: Re: c++/9778 -- causing patch
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:41:38 -0600 (CST)

 This patch

 > 2003-01-16  Jeffrey D. Oldham  <oldham@codesourcery.com>
 >
 >       * cp-tree.h (tsubst_copy_and_build): New declaration.
 >       * pt.c (tsubst_copy): Remove 'build_expr_from_tree' from comment.
 >       (tsubst_expr): Use 'tsubst_copy_and_build'.  Update initial comment.
 >       (tsubst_copy_and_build): New function.

 seems to be causing the ICE in PR 9778. A small testcase is
 ----------------------------
 namespace NS {
   template <int N> void foo ();
 }

 template <int N> struct X {
     int m;
     int g () {
       NS::foo<sizeof(m)>();
     }
 };

 template class X<2>;
 ---------------------------

 Jeffrey, would you mind taking a look? This report seems to be the last
 that prevents me from building (and then testing again) my library with
 mainline...

 If you are lucky, the fix to this report also fixes PR 9749, see the
 comment in 9778.

 Thanks
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-20 23:46 UTC | newest]