public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: c++/5390: Libiberty fails to demangle multi-digit template parameters.
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 17:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR c++/5390; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
To: carlo@alinoe.com
Cc: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:18:18 -0500

 Vlad reported a core dump.  Nick fixed it with a small patch.  You
 also wrote a significantly larger patch also claiming to fix it.  You
 were asked if you tested on older gcc's to ensure backward
 compatibility.  You said you didn't.  The issue of backward
 compatibility was never resolved to my satisfaction, so I didn't
 approve it.  I also noted that the demanglers are normally maintained
 by the C++ folks, but apparently you didn't convince them either.

 However, if you look in libiberty's ChangeLog, you'll see that your
 patch was eventually applied, over a year ago.  So, I'm not sure what
 you're complaining about.

 2002-02-18  Carlo Wood  <carlo@gnu.org>

 	PR c++/5390
 	* cplus-dem.c (demangle_integral_value): Accept multi-digit
 	numbers that do not start with an underscore; This is needed
 	for integer template parameters. This doesn't break anything
 	because multi-digit numbers are never followed by a digit.
 	* testsuite/demangle-expected: Corrected all mangled test
 	cases with multi-digit template parameters: g++ 2.95.x does
 	not generate underscores around these parameters.