public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/9983: Internal compiler error
@ 2003-03-11 22:00 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-03-11 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, sameermanagoli, smanagoli

Synopsis: Internal compiler error

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 22:00:16 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Reproduced with 3.2, but already fixed with 3.2.2.

    Sameer, for next time you file a bug report: if you get
    an internal compiler error and it tells you a www address,
    and later on I send you the same address twice more, it
    would be helpful if you could take a look at it. It reads
    that what we need are the _preprocessed_ source, and also
    that you can generate these with the -save-temps flags.
    We don't want to have one file (as in the first report),
    two files (what you sent me the second time), and we don't
    want to have whole tar archives (as what I got the third
    time). I was lucky that I could reproduce your problem
    from these, but you could have saves us all some time if
    you would have followed the instructions on that page.

    Thanks anyway
      Wolfgang

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9983

* Re: c++/9983: Internal compiler error
@ 2003-03-14 20:06 smanagoli
From: smanagoli @ 2003-03-14 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9983; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: smanagoli@projects.sdsu.edu
To: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, sameermanagoli@yahoo.com, smanagoli@projects.sdsu.edu,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/9983: Internal compiler error
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:56:16 -0500

 Dear Dir,

 PLease let me know the detailed solution of the
 problem.I'm getting stuck at the same point.

 Thanks,
 Sameer

@ 2003-03-14 20:06 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-03-14 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9983; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: smanagoli@projects.sdsu.edu
Cc: sameermanagoli@yahoo.com, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:04:30 -0600 (CST)

 > PLease let me know the detailed solution of the
 > problem.I'm getting stuck at the same point.

 Update your compiler.

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

* Re: c++/9983: Internal compiler error
@ 2003-03-06 22:23 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-03-06 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, sameermanagoli, smanagoli

Synopsis: Internal compiler error

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Thu Mar  6 22:23:20 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Your report is missing the _preprocessed_ source file that
    we need to reproduce the problem (in your sample file, you
    include top.h, which of course we don't have). Please
    review http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for what we need.

    Thanks