public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
@ 2003-03-11 22:14 neroden
From: neroden @ 2003-03-11 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, mdupont777, nobody

Synopsis: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: neroden
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 22:14:44 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Insufficient feedback for me to reproduce, in feedback > 3 mo

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8235

* Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
@ 2002-10-31 23:46 James Michael DuPont
From: James Michael DuPont @ 2002-10-31 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777@yahoo.com>
To: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
Cc: Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
  gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:43:22 -0800 (PST)

 --- Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com> wrote:

 > > It is very simple,
 > > the problem is that the newest version of bison chokes on the gcc
 > > gengtype-yacc.y code. This silly bug tracker...
 > >
 > > Are you sure i did not send you anything usfull?
 >
 > I've been testing the branch, and it has no file by that name,
 > evidently
 > you are referring to the gcc code on the trunk.
 >
 > Could you please send a group reply to this message, saying:
 >
 > 1) exactly which gcc version you tested;
 > 2) what bison version;
 > 3) the error output

 Even if the ast-optimizer is broken,
 here is the bug report

 Bison version  : unstable 1.75-1, this is the problem
 but it i working with the stable 1.35-3.

 The file in question is
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/gengtype-yacc.y

 The error output got lost, I will retry it with the main branch was
 about this construction
 typedef_struct: ENT_TYPEDEF_STRUCT options '{' struct_fields '}' ID
 		   {
 		     new_structure ($1->u.s.tag, UNION_P ($1), &lexer_line,
 				    $4, $2);
 		     do_typedef ($6, $1, &lexer_line);
 		     lexer_toplevel_done = 1;
 		   }
 		 ';'
 		   {}
 		   {
 		     new_structure ($1->u.s.tag, UNION_P ($1), &lexer_line,
 				    $4, $2);
 		     lexer_toplevel_done = 1;
 		   }
 		 ';'
 		   {}
 		;

 there was some conflict between the two.
 I am just compiling the new bison locally to avoid de-installing 1.35,
 and will report the exact bug tonight (Timezone: GMT +1 )

 I will also be looking into doing the switch over to the tree simplied
 version. it looks interesting.

 Mike

 =====
 James Michael DuPont
 http://introspector.sourceforge.net/

 HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
 http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

* Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
@ 2002-10-31 16:56 Pop Sébastian
From: Pop Sébastian @ 2002-10-31 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pop_S=E9bastian?= <pop@gauvain.u-strasbg.fr>
To: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777@yahoo.com>
Cc: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:54:25 +0100

 On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:58:39PM -0800, James Michael DuPont wrote:

 > I'll look into making some more bug reports,
 > this ast-optimizer branch is buggy.

 ast-optimizer branch is no longer maintained (from 20020619),
 you have to use the tree-ssa branch instead, as mentioned in:
 http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/

 Sebastian

* Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
@ 2002-10-31 15:16 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-31 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: mdupont777@yahoo.com (James Michael DuPont)
Cc: Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM (Joe Buck), gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:09:23 -0800 (PST)

@ 2002-10-31 15:10 jbuck
From: jbuck @ 2002-10-31 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, mdupont777, nobody

Synopsis: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison

State-Changed-From-To: closed->feedback
State-Changed-By: jbuck
State-Changed-When: Thu Oct 31 15:10:03 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Waiting for more info from submitter.

@ 2002-10-31 15:06 James Michael DuPont
From: James Michael DuPont @ 2002-10-31 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777@yahoo.com>
To: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:58:39 -0800 (PST)

 Hey joe.
 It is very simple,
 the problem is that the newest version of bison chokes on the gcc
 gengtype-yacc.y code. This silly bug tracker...

 Are you sure i did not send you anything usfull?

 I'll look into making some more bug reports,
 this ast-optimizer branch is buggy.

 mike

 =====

@ 2002-10-31 15:06 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-31 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: mdupont777@yahoo.com (James Michael DuPont)
Cc: Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM (Joe Buck), gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:02:58 -0800 (PST)

 > Hey joe.
 > It is very simple,
 > the problem is that the newest version of bison chokes on the gcc
 > gengtype-yacc.y code. This silly bug tracker...

 > Are you sure i did not send you anything usfull?

 Well, now you have: the orignal report had only a synopsis.  I will
 re-open the report with a fuller description.

* Re: c/8235: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison
@ 2002-10-31 14:46 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-31 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: mdupont777@yahoo.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:38:54 -0800

@ 2002-10-31 14:39 jbuck
From: jbuck @ 2002-10-31 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, mdupont777, nobody

Synopsis: Problem compiling gengtype-yacc.y with bison

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: jbuck
State-Changed-When: Thu Oct 31 14:39:38 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    no information; what little there is suggests a problem
    with bison, not gcc

@ 2002-10-15 14:26 mdupont777
From: mdupont777 @ 2002-10-15 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats