public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libgcj/8443: StringTokenizer does not return delimeters
@ 2003-03-11 22:40 neroden
From: neroden @ 2003-03-11 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian_252, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, green, java-prs

Synopsis: StringTokenizer does not return delimeters

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->open
State-Changed-By: neroden
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 22:40:28 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Not feedback status.  Someone should check to see that this is in fact fixed in 3.3.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8443

* Re: libgcj/8443: StringTokenizer does not return delimeters
@ 2002-11-03 20:48 green
From: green @ 2002-11-03 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian_252, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, green, java-prs, nobody

Synopsis: StringTokenizer does not return delimeters

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->green
Responsible-Changed-By: green
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Nov  3 20:48:06 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I know this bug.
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: green
State-Changed-When: Sun Nov  3 20:48:06 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    This is a well known bug and will be fixed in 3.3.

@ 2002-11-03 20:36 brian_252
From: brian_252 @ 2002-11-03 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         8443
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       StringTokenizer does not return delimeters
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Nov 03 20:36:00 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Brian
>Release:        libgcj3 1:3.2.1-0pre3
Although i specify in the StringTokenizer constructor that i want the delimiters returned as token, the nextToken() function does not do so.  It does return the correct number of tokens.  But for the tokens which are also delimiters, instead of returning the single character string -- one of the delimiters -- it returns an empty string.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the code with gcj-3.2, run it with gij-3.2.  Compare the output with the output from using J2SDK1.4.
>Fix:
Let me know if you want me to work on a fix.