public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: Kinh Nguyen <xkinh@yahoo.com>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: bootstrap/9889: installation gcc 3.2.2 fails on Solaris 2.8
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/9889; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kinh Nguyen <xkinh@yahoo.com>
To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr>
Cc: "Steven M. Christensen" <steve@smc.vnet.net>, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org, bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:25:25 -0800 (PST)

 This is the way I successfully compliled GCC-3.2.2:

   First, I set CONFIG_SHELL, and turn off /bin/ucb
 path as you told me to look at:
 http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-*-solaris2*
 ?
   It doesn't work.
   Next, I download and install gnu-make as Steve said
 and recompile.  It doesn't work too.
   Next, I download and install GCC-3.0.1.
   I use set CONFIG_SHELL, turn off /usr/ucb path, use
 gnu-make, and GCC-3.0.1 and It works.

 Absolutely, the problem is: I use the old compiler GCC
 version 2.8.1.  The question is: do I need to use
 gnu-make, and turn off ucb, use CONFIG_SHELL as ksh.
 I am not sure.  I will test it and let you know.

 Regards,
 Kinh

 http://webhosting.yahoo.com