public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: debug/9161: stabs: No function argument debug info for function pointers
@ 2003-03-14 21:23 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-03-14 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dave, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Old Synopsis: No function argument debug info for function pointers
New Synopsis: stabs: No function argument debug info for function pointers

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 14 21:23:33 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Confirmed also on x86-linux with mainline, when using
    -gstabs:

    g/x> cat x.cc
    int (*p1) ();
    int (*p2) (int);

    int main ()
    {}

    g/x> /home/bangerth/bin/gcc-3.4-pre/bin/c++ -gstabs x.cc

    g/x> gdb a.out
    GNU gdb 5.1.1
    This GDB was configured as "i386-suse-linux"...
    (gdb) ptype p1
    type = int (*)(void)
    (gdb) ptype p2
    type = int (*)(void)

    W.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9161

* Re: debug/9161: stabs: No function argument debug info for function pointers
@ 2003-03-14 21:36 Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-03-14 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR debug/9161; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, dave@rebuzz.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: debug/9161: stabs: No function argument debug info for function pointers
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:26:45 -0500

 On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:23:34PM -0000, bangerth@dealii.org wrote:
 > Old Synopsis: No function argument debug info for function pointers
 > New Synopsis: stabs: No function argument debug info for function pointers
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 > State-Changed-By: bangerth
 > State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 14 21:23:33 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Confirmed also on x86-linux with mainline, when using
 >     -gstabs:
 >
 >     g/x> cat x.cc
 >     int (*p1) ();
 >     int (*p2) (int);
 >
 >     int main ()
 >     {}
 >
 >     g/x> /home/bangerth/bin/gcc-3.4-pre/bin/c++ -gstabs x.cc
 >
 >     g/x> gdb a.out
 >     GNU gdb 5.1.1
 >     Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 >     GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
 >     welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
 >     Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
 >     There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
 >     This GDB was configured as "i386-suse-linux"...
 >     (gdb) ptype p1
 >     type = int (*)(void)
 >     (gdb) ptype p2
 >     type = int (*)(void)

 Yes.  There's a stabs syntax for this that GCC doesn't support.  I
 think GDB would recognize it if we generated it, but I don't really
 remember.

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz