public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
@ 2003-03-17 10:16 Bruno Haible
From: Bruno Haible @ 2003-03-17 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/6833; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:10:38 +0100 (CET)

 Wolfgang writes:
 > Synopsis: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: bangerth
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 15 03:21:07 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Bruno, I don't have 3.1 around any more, but I can't
 >     reproduce this with 3.2 and 3.2.2.

 Still, could you add my testcase to the testsuite? Global register
 variables are not used by many programs, but GNU clisp relies on them
 very much. I'd like to not see this bug appear again.

 Bruno

* Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
@ 2003-04-23 12:56 Bruno Haible
From: Bruno Haible @ 2003-04-23 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/6833; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:55:07 +0200 (CEST)

 >     Bruno, I don't have 3.1 around any more, but I can't
 >     reproduce this with 3.2 and 3.2.2. Could you check
 >     whether this also applies to you, or whether you still
 >     see the problem?

 The bug appears to be gone in 3.2 and 3.2.2.

 Bruno

* Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
@ 2003-03-20  1:06 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-03-20  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/6833; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global
 register variables
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:04:03 -0600 (CST)

From: bangerth @ 2003-03-20  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruno, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 20 01:04:28 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Seems fixed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6833

* Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
@ 2003-03-17 23:36 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-03-17 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/6833; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
   Volker Reichelt <reichelt@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
 register variables
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:31:11 -0600 (CST)

 On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Bruno Haible wrote:

 > > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > >     Bruno, I don't have 3.1 around any more, but I can't
 > >     reproduce this with 3.2 and 3.2.2.
 >
 > Still, could you add my testcase to the testsuite? Global register
 > variables are not used by many programs, but GNU clisp relies on them
 > very much. I'd like to not see this bug appear again.

 I don't have CVS access, but Volker has been so kind to do this for me
 every once in a while. Volker?

 However, do I understand you correctly that you confirm that the problem
 is gone? Can we close the PR?

 Thanks
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

* Re: middle-end/6833: gcse generates wrong code with regard to global register variables
@ 2003-03-15  3:21 bangerth