public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* java/10144: gas on solaris complains about bad .stabs lines, native as unaffected
@ 2003-03-19  1:06 jbuck
From: jbuck @ 2003-03-19  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         10144
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       gas on solaris complains about bad .stabs lines, native as unaffected
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 19 01:06:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jbuck@synopsys.com
>Release:        gcc 3.2.2
This bug has been fixed in CVS; I am reporting it here to
describe the problem in GCC 3.2.2.

Hundreds of the libjava tests fail with sparc-sun-solaris2.8
when gas (2.13.1) is used; these failures don't show up
when the native assembler is used (and might not show up
for older gas versions, though I can't be sure).

>How-To-Repeat:
Do a bootstrap on sparc-sun-solaris2.8, configured to use
gas version 2.13.1 (probably other similar gas versions will
show the problem as well).  Run the tests with "make check"
and observe hundreds of failures.  The log shows messages
like the following coming from gas, many times:

Warning: .stabs: description field '10001' too big, try a different debug format
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-02/msg00808.html
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-19  1:06 UTC | newest]