public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/9992: Building compiler for UDK on SCO OpenServer fails
@ 2003-03-22  4:28 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-03-22  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, joergs, nobody

Synopsis: Building compiler for UDK on SCO OpenServer fails

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 22 04:28:46 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    The configure line you send seems to indicate that you called
    configure in the same directory as the sources. This is
    recommended against in the installation instructions.

    Does changing this to what the instructions recommend
    change anything?

    Thanks
      Wolfgang

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9992

* Re: bootstrap/9992: Building compiler for UDK on SCO OpenServer fails
@ 2003-03-22  6:26 Joerg Stritzinger
From: Joerg Stritzinger @ 2003-03-22  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/9992; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joerg Stritzinger <joergs@shaw.ca>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
 joergs@shaw.ca, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/9992: Building compiler for UDK on SCO OpenServer fails
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:23:05 -0700

 Hi Wolfgang,

 I wasn't clear in my description. I actually ran configure in the top
 directory of "gcc-3.2.2" and NOT in the source subdirectory "gcc".
 It seems, that the problem occurs during the assember code generation
 where under some weird circumstances
 the symbols are printed incorrectly (something like ".LB01-." instead of
 ".LB01"). This happens only consistently in certain functions (i.e.
 _divdi3 )
 and NOT always. It almost looks like an oversight somewhere in the
 compiler code that shows up only for this target type.

 I hope this helps.

 Thanks,
  Joerg