public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* cvs annotate (Was: Re: other/6955: collect2 says "core dumped" when  there is no core)
@ 2003-03-25 20:36 Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2003-03-25 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ghazi; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR other/6955; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joern Rennecke <joern.rennecke@superh.com>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu>, bruno@clisp.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: cvs annotate (Was: Re: other/6955: collect2 says "core dumped" when
 there is no core)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:32:55 +0000

 > Well, the line we are talking about is collect2.c:1511. This line has time
 > stamp 1999-11-25, CVS version 1.87, which was your commit. Now, I
 > acknowledge that if I had checked more carefully, then I'd have seen that
 > your patch only preserved existing (wrong) behavior, but I haven't found a
 > way to get the equivalent of cvs annotate of past versions to see who
 > really introduced this.

 cvs annotate -r 1.86

 repeat with previous version till you find the relevant change (or hit 1.1 ,
 at which point you'll have to resort to the old rcs archives)

 --
 SuperH (UK) Ltd.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-25 20:36 UTC | newest]