public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/10217: problem in building libstdc++-v3
@ 2003-04-03 15:37 ehrhardt
From: ehrhardt @ 2003-04-03 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, marwijn.hessel, nobody

Synopsis: problem in building libstdc++-v3

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: cae
State-Changed-When: Thu Apr  3 15:37:15 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Indeed. This is even covered by the "Bugs we don't want" section
    at http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html#dontwant hence I'm closing this.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10217

* Re: libstdc++/10217: problem in building libstdc++-v3
@ 2003-04-10  9:37 rearnsha
From: rearnsha @ 2003-04-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, marwijn.hessel, nobody

Synopsis: problem in building libstdc++-v3

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: rearnsha
State-Changed-When: Thu Apr 10 09:37:30 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    This is the same problem as PR 10354. The correct way to build a cross-gcc compiler is to configure the compiler with the option
      --with-headers=<path-to-libc-sources>/include
    instead of
      --without-headers

    You can't build the C++ compiler libraries without knowing where these are.

@ 2003-04-04  8:36 Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2003-04-04  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/10217; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christian Ehrhardt" <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
To: Marwijn Hessel <mwhessel@xs4all.nl>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, marwijn.hessel@ict.nl,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, ljrittle@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/10217: problem in building libstdc++-v3
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:29:04 +0200

 On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 06:43:45PM +0200, Marwijn Hessel wrote:
 > I have seen these URL's but they do not describe any solution for this
 > problem (or I'm stupid ...).

 AAAARG! Sorry! This is my fault. Please accept my appologies.
 I wanted to close PR 10227 but instead closed 10217. Your PR has
 been reopen already. Sorry for the confusion.

    regards   Christian

* Re: libstdc++/10217: problem in building libstdc++-v3
@ 2003-04-04  2:35 ljrittle
From: ljrittle @ 2003-04-04  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, marwijn.hessel, nobody

Synopsis: problem in building libstdc++-v3

State-Changed-From-To: closed->feedback
State-Changed-By: ljrittle
State-Changed-When: Fri Apr  4 02:35:47 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Reopened.  This problem is not caused by bad RAM!
    If you want me to fix this (and I will if possible):

    Please look at the build log for the failing bootstrap.
    Rerun the exact command (with the proper cwd) that failed.
    It should produce the same error output (this step is just to confirm
    that you have the failing command). Add the -E switch and rerun
    the command again.  Send me the preprocessed output.  Or, the
    problem will likely be obvious to you at that point.

    Since you are building a cross, I think I see a possible problem
    with your configure line: you can't expect to be able to build
    support libraries for the target that require libc if you don't
    tell the process where to find target-related headers.  Sorry...

@ 2003-04-03 16:46 Marwijn Hessel
From: Marwijn Hessel @ 2003-04-03 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/10217; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Marwijn Hessel" <mwhessel@xs4all.nl>
To: "Christian Ehrhardt" <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
Cc: <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>, <marwijn.hessel@ict.nl>,
   <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:43:45 +0200

 I have seen these URL's but they do not describe any solution for this
 problem (or I'm stupid ...).

 http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html#dontwant

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10217

 The possibility that my ram is bad is nonsense because this problem course
 on all machines that I tried (three different machines).

 I'm trying to build a cross compiler (to powerpc-eabi) on a cygwin platform.

 According to http://gcc.gnu.org/ this should be no problem.

 But the manual does not say anything about it.

 The only thing that I could find is
 http://www.parisc-linux.org/toolchain/PA-Linux-XC-HOWTO-04.html, and these
 steps fail as described in the problem report.

 How on earth do I build a cross compiler to powerpc-eabi on a Cygwin
 platform ???

@ 2003-04-03 16:16 Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2003-04-03 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/10217; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christian Ehrhardt" <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
To: Marwijn Hessel <mwhessel@xs4all.nl>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, marwijn.hessel@ict.nl,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:11:10 +0200

 --
 THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

* Re: libstdc++/10217: problem in building libstdc++-v3
@ 2003-04-03 15:56 Marwijn Hessel
From: Marwijn Hessel @ 2003-04-03 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/10217; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Marwijn Hessel" <mwhessel@xs4all.nl>
To: <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>, <marwijn.hessel@ict.nl>, <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>