public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/9278: Illegal use of typedef to "void"
@ 2003-04-07 11:06 Giovanni Bajo
From: Giovanni Bajo @ 2003-04-07 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9278; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it>
To: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<dave@boost-consulting.com>,
	<gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<nobody@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc: "Wolfgang Bangerth" <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: c++/9278: Illegal use of typedef to "void"
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:57:19 +0200

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&p
 r=9278

 Reconfirmed for 2.95 -> 3.3 as of today (bump [date] please).
 Notice that the description of the bug is misleading: "This fails to
 compile; I don't think it should." should be "This compiles correctly, but
 it should not". Bug class is not "sw-bug" but "accept-illegal".

 Giovanni Bajo

* Re: c++/9278: Illegal use of typedef to "void"
@ 2003-01-14  0:22 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-01-14  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dave, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Illegal use of typedef to "void"

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 13 16:22:50 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    The corrected report has been analyzed by now.

@ 2003-01-14  0:16 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-01-14  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/9278; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com>
To: bangerth@dealii.org
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,  gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,  nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
	  gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:11:46 -0500

 bangerth@dealii.org writes:

 > Old Synopsis: dependent type in conversion operator bug
 > New Synopsis: Illegal use of typedef to "void"
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->open
 > State-Changed-By: bangerth
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 13 13:59:57 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Given the mail by Dave, the original code was in error, and
 >     the converse held. So this is what should _not_ compile, but
 >     does, according to him. (It does so since at least 2.95.)
 >     I think I have no idea myself whether this is legal or
 >     not, I did not even know whether one can typedef void...

 Please insert a reference to
 http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_closed.html#18
 in the GNATs issue record.  It explains what I'm saying.

 --
                        David Abrahams
    dave@boost-consulting.com * http://www.boost-consulting.com

* Re: c++/9278: Illegal use of typedef to "void"
@ 2003-01-13 22:00 bangerth