public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal
@ 2003-04-15 22:36 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-04-15 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/10415; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:35:03 -0500 (CDT)

From: bangerth @ 2003-04-15 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.grzes, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: allocated stack space non optimimal

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 15 22:56:17 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Closed in favor of duplicates with more information.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10415

* Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal
@ 2003-04-15 22:46 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-04-15 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/10415; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: GrzegorzB <b.grzes@interia.pl>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:43:12 -0500 (CDT)

 > So sorry, I thought it is a bug.

 Well, I still think that this is a quality of implementation bug, gcc
 should be able to do better. I mean, it is not _wrong_ if the compiler
 allocated too much stack space, it is just wasteful.

 There are a number of reports in the bug database about this problem,
 which also have some documentation about what is the cause for this inside
 the compiler. Let me close this report, since there are others.

 Thanks anyway
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

* Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal
@ 2003-04-15 20:16 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-04-15 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/10415; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:12:46 -0500 (CDT)

From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-04-15 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/10415; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: GrzegorzB <b.grzes@interia.pl>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:15:25 -0500 (CDT)