public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c++/10470: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99 warning at pch using
@ 2003-04-23 21:46 wanderer
From: wanderer @ 2003-04-23 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: and

>Number:         10470
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99 warning at pch using
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          rejects-legal
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Apr 23 21:46:01 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     wanderer@rsu.ru
>Release:        3.4 20030423 (experimental)
simple test.c test.h files compile without using pch
and generate strange warning if use test.h.gch

All case with options: g++ -ansi -pedantic -Werror -Winvalid-pch

-test.h----8<-----------
#include<string>
-test.h---->8-----------

-test.cc---8<-----------
#include"test.h"

int main() {
  return 0;
}
-test.cc--->8-----------

Warning generated at line in concept_check.h:52 :

#define __glibcpp_function_requires(...)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: c++/10470: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99 warning at pch using
@ 2003-04-24  2:36 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-04-24  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geoffk; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/10470; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: wanderer@rsu.ru
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, and@rsu.ru
Subject: Re: c++/10470: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99 warning at pch using
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:26:49 -0400

 On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:45:39PM -0000, wanderer@rsu.ru wrote:
 > simple test.c test.h files compile without using pch
 > and generate strange warning if use test.h.gch
 >
 > All case with options: g++ -ansi -pedantic -Werror -Winvalid-pch
 >
 > -test.h----8<-----------
 > #include<string>
 > -test.h---->8-----------
 >
 > -test.cc---8<-----------
 > #include"test.h"
 >
 > int main() {
 >   return 0;
 > }
 >
 > Warning generated at line in concept_check.h:52 :
 >
 > #define __glibcpp_function_requires(...)

 That code isn't going to change anytime soon; see the comment preceeding it.

 That header is marked with system_header.  It shouldn't be generating
 these warnings, even in PCH mode...