public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/7237: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not overriden
@ 2003-05-07 18:36 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-07 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7237; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, kbalk@pobox.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7237: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not overriden
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:30:04 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=7237

 Hello,

 can the submitter please verify that this bug still appears with a more
 current version of gcc? We do have a report of a successful build of
 gcc 3.2.2 on this platform, so _somebody_ seems to have succeeded.
 Thanks,

 Dara

* Re: bootstrap/7237: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not  overriden
@ 2003-05-09 17:06 John David Anglin
From: John David Anglin @ 2003-05-09 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7237; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, kbalk@pobox.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7237: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not
 overriden
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:59:05 -0400

 It is very tricky to redefine STAGE1_CFLAGS.  The best way to do the
 initial build using the HP ansi compiler is to export CC as follows:

 export CC="cc -Ae"

 or for a 64-bit build under HP-UX 11,

 export CC="cc -Ae +DA2.0W"

 This should be done before configure is run.  Don't mess with
 CFLAGS, STAGE1_CFLAGS or BOOT_CFLAGS.

@ 2003-05-09 15:38 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-05-09 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, kbalk, nobody

Synopsis: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not overriden

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Fri May  9 15:38:06 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Resolved (see audit trail)

@ 2003-05-09  6:46 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-09  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7237; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: kbalk@pobox.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

 --- Karri Balk <kbalk@pobox.com> wrote:

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-

 > > trail&database=gcc&pr=7237
 > >
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > can the submitter please verify that this bug
 > still appears with a more
 > > current version of gcc? We do have a report of a
 > successful build of
 > > gcc 3.2.2 on this platform, so _somebody_ seems to
 > have succeeded.
 >
 > I no longer have access to a HP system to verify
 > whether this is still
 > a problem.  I'm sorry ...
 >
 > I think my problem was related to limited disk
 > space, as I was
 > making choices during the build process to reduce
 > disk consumption.
 > If this other person was able to do a standard,
 > full, build, then
 > they may not encounter the same problems.

 Thanks for the response,

 Well, given that we can't reproduce it for now, I
 think we can close this bug. We can always open a new
 one if someone encounters the same issue.

 Thanks,

 Dara

 > Karri

 http://search.yahoo.com

* Re: bootstrap/7237: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not overriden
@ 2003-05-07 21:22 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-05-07 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, kbalk, nobody

Synopsis: HP/UX 10.20 compile problems, e.g, STAGE1_CFLAGS not overriden

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Wed May  7 21:22:41 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    See Dara's question

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7237