public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/5205: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build
@ 2003-05-07 19:06 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-07 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/5205; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/5205: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:04:03 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=5205

 Hello,

 the submitter's e-mail address is no longer valid (nor is the domain).
 Given that this has been in feedback for over a year, and we certainly
 won't be getting any responses from the original submitter, I vote we
 either suspend this PR, or close it entirely. We do have several
 successful 32bit and 64bit builds on this platform of 3.2, including
 some with binutils in our list of successful builds.

 Dara

* Re: bootstrap/5205: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build
@ 2003-05-07 21:20 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-05-07 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, merijn, nobody

Synopsis: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Wed May  7 21:20:57 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    See audit trail

@ 2003-05-07 18:16 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-07 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/5205; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
   merijn@a5.procura.nl
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:13:25 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=5205

 Hi,

 this PR has been in feedback for over a year. Could the submitter
 please confirm that this problem still exists? I'm a bit confused with
 the submitter used --without-gnu-as, when they claim to be using GNU
 as. Perhaps this is part of the problem? Thanks,

 Dara

* Re: bootstrap/5205: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build
@ 2002-02-27 17:02 rodrigc
From: rodrigc @ 2002-02-27 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, merijn, nobody

Synopsis: [HP-UX] gas fed with unrecognized pseudo-op's in 64-bit build

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->analyzed
State-Changed-By: rodrigc
State-Changed-When: Wed Feb 27 09:02:20 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    This information contributed by Steve Ellcey at HP:

    This person is actually building a 32 bit compiler, not a 64 bit one
    like he thinks he is.  hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00 is a 64 bit capabable
    machine, but it still generates 32 bit code by default.  To build a 64
    bit HPPA compiler, use a target, build, and host setting of
    hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 and use an existing 64 bit GCC or HP C with the
    +DD64 option to do the build.  If he doesn't have a 64 bit GAS he
    needs to build binutils with the same target/build/host."

    Can you rebuild your GCC and binutils with the
    correct target information and tell us if that works?

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=5205