public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/5802
@ 2003-05-08 23:16 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-05-08 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/5802; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/5802
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:08:26 -0500 (CDT)

 Still present on yesterday's mainline.

 I'm pretty sure the bug has to do with gcc's knowledge that the &&
 operator can be short-cut: if the first part yields false, then the second
 part isn't evaluated any more, so dptr isn't initialized. However, in that
 case we would end up in the other branch of the if, in which we don't use
 dptr, so the warning is useless there.

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-08 23:16 UTC | newest]