public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/9544: buggy prolog code generation for functions, make room for local vars
@ 2003-05-10  7:51 giovannibajo
From: giovannibajo @ 2003-05-10  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, reza_agha

Synopsis: buggy prolog code generation for functions, make room for local vars

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bajo
State-Changed-When: Sat May 10 07:51:24 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    No feedback, 3 months.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9544

* Re: c/9544: buggy prolog code generation for functions, make room for local vars
@ 2003-02-03 16:44 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-02-03 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, reza_agha

Synopsis: buggy prolog code generation for functions, make room for local vars

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Mon Feb  3 16:44:02 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    gcc 2.95 is a rather old release. Is there any possibility
    that you test this with a newer version of gcc, say 3.2.1?

    Also, which is the exact platform (operating system and
    cpu) on which this problem occurs?

    Thanks
      Wolfgang

@ 2003-02-03 13:46 reza_agha
From: reza_agha @ 2003-02-03 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         9544
>Category:       c
>Synopsis:       buggy prolog code generation for functions, make room for local vars
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          wrong-code
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Feb 03 13:46:01 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Reza A. Naini
>Release:        2.95.2 19991024 (release)   AVR version
the prolog code of function when want to make room for local variables, is buggy.
void aFunction(void)
{
    char localVars[100];
}
is translated to:
	in	r0,SREG
	cli		<----
	preperation code for local variables
	sei		<---- BUG!
the I (interrupt) flag is set at beginning of this function.
>How-To-Repeat:
char global[100];

void aFunction(void)
{