public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libgcj/1222: Testing framework: enforce failure results correctness.
@ 2003-05-12  3:06 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-12  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/1222; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, apbianco@redhat.com, tromey@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libgcj/1222: Testing framework: enforce failure results correctness.
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:00:35 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=1222

 Hello,

 this PR has not been updated since being opened in December of 2000. Is
 this problem still an issue? Has the testsuite been made to accommodate
 warning regressions and the like? Thanks,

 Dara

* libgcj/1222: Testing framework: enforce failure results correctness.
@ 2000-12-20 12:22 apbianco
From: apbianco @ 2000-12-20 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1222
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Testing framework: enforce failure results correctness.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    tromey
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:17:53 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Alex Petit-Bianco
>Release:        unknown-1.0
The current testing framework already knows about tests
that are meant to fail. In order to fully test regressions,
it would be desirable to compare the output of a meant to
fail test case with a known to be correct entry and make
sure that the compiler fails in an identical way.

I've sometimes seen gcj regressing on the way it reports
errors -- it's not something desirable.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note: