public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: java/1330: Forward initializer references not checked
@ 2003-05-12  3:16 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-12  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1330; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, bryce@albatross.co.nz
Subject: Re: java/1330: Forward initializer references not checked
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:07:43 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=1330

 Hello,

 this bug was reported against (I presume) pre gcc 3.0 sources. Would it
 be possible to determine if this problem is still present in current
 sources? Thanks,

 Dara

* java/1330: Forward initializer references not checked
@ 2000-12-20 12:25 bryce
From: bryce @ 2000-12-20 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1330
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       Forward initializer references not checked
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apbianco
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:19:05 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Bryce McKinlay
>Release:        unknown-1.0
The following code is illegal because initializers are
are supposed to run in declared order and arn't allowed to
forward reference each other. gcj does not detect this
error.

class InitOrder
{
  static int foo = bar;