public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/10635: [3.3/3.4 regression] ICE (segfault) when dereferencing an incomplete type casted from a void pointer
@ 2003-05-12 18:03 Giovanni Bajo
From: Giovanni Bajo @ 2003-05-12 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/10635; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it>
To: <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<Shea.Williams@colorado.edu>,
	<nobody@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c++/10635: [3.3/3.4 regression] ICE (segfault) when dereferencing an incomplete type casted from a void pointer
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:43:17 +0200

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10635

 After analyzing a duplicate of this (c++/10727), I noticed that if I move
 the function get_incomplete() outside the Foo class (in the reduced snippet
 above), GCC 2.95 correctly rejects the code. Thus, I mark this as a
 regression, since the behaviour on this issue is globally worse than it used
 to be.
 Notice that this happens with moc code generated by Qt, so it's very
 important to fix this.

 Giovanni Bajo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-12 18:03 UTC | newest]