public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: ada/8925: Floating point code gives incorrect results
@ 2003-05-13  6:33 steven
From: steven @ 2003-05-13  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, sjs

Synopsis: Floating point code gives incorrect results

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: steven
State-Changed-When: Tue May 13 06:33:52 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Dara has asked for feedback

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8925

* Re: ada/8925: Floating point code gives incorrect results
@ 2003-05-13  0:06 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-13  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR ada/8925; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: sjs@essex.ac.uk, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: ada/8925: Floating point code gives incorrect results
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:59:14 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=8925

 Hello,

 no code was ever attached to this bug report (only a description of the
 problem that occurred). Could the submitter please send the code which
 causes the bug in question, after preferably testing with gcc 3.3
 branch, or confirm that the problem no longer occurs? Thanks,

 Dara

* ada/8925: Floating point code gives incorrect results
@ 2002-12-13  5:16 sjs
From: sjs @ 2002-12-13  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         8925
>Category:       ada
>Synopsis:       Floating point code gives incorrect results
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Dec 13 05:16:00 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Steve Sangwine, University of Essex, UK
>Release:        gcc 3.2
The code attached contains a test program and part of a library of code which works correctly with Gnat 3.15p and
previous versions of Gnat. When compiled with gcc 3.2 this
code gives incorrect numerical results (integer values output are never changed from -infinity, as they should be).
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the main program rgb_conversions_test.adb. NB I have
reported a fault with gnatchop, which on my system fails to chop the source code file which I have attached. Run the program rgb_conversions_test and at the prompts enter 180.0 for phase, 1.0 for saturation and 0.5 for intensity. The output that I get is shown in the file incorrect.txt. When compiled with Gnat 3.15p the same code gives the results shown in the file correct.txt.
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
----gnatsweb-attachment----

D:\Ada\Creake\Test>rgb_conversion_test
Enter phase:      180.0
Enter saturation: 1.0
Enter intensity:  0.5
Invalid_HSI_Coordinate raised
Raw values:           0-2147483648-2147483648
Enter phase:      ^C
D:\Ada\Creake\Test>