public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: java/6393: alignment problems with jlong and inner class inheritance
@ 2003-05-13 17:36 Adam Megacz
From: Adam Megacz @ 2003-05-13 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/6393; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com>
To: steven@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: adam@xwt.org,  bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz,  gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	  gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,  java-prs@gcc.gnu.org,  tromey@redhat.com,
	  gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/6393: alignment problems with jlong and inner class inheritance
Date: 13 May 2003 10:34:48 -0700

 You may close this bug.  I have confirmed that it was fixed sometime
 between gcj3.2 and HEAD-13-May-2003.  The included how-to-repeat
 program executes properly.

   - a

@ 2003-05-13 17:52 steven
From: steven @ 2003-05-13 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adam, bryce, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, nobody, tromey

Synopsis: alignment problems with jlong and inner class inheritance

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: steven
State-Changed-When: Tue May 13 17:52:35 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Reported fixed for 3.3

@ 2003-05-13  6:39 steven
From: steven @ 2003-05-13  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adam, bryce, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, nobody, tromey

@ 2003-05-12 19:36 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-12 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/6393; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: tromey@redhat.com, adam@xwt.org, bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:24:15 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=6393

 Hello,

 this PR was submitted over a year ago, and has had no feedback since.
 Has there been any progress on this problem? Is this problem still
 present in current gcc souces? Thanks,

 Dara

* java/6393: alignment problems with jlong and inner class inheritance
@ 2002-04-21  7:36 adam
From: adam @ 2002-04-21  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: bryce, tromey

>Number:         6393
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       alignment problems with jlong and inner class inheritance
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Apr 21 07:36:00 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     adam@xwt.org
>Release:        unknown-1.0
The program below prints out
"0" rather than "3". Closer inspection reveals that foo() is looking
at a memory location four bytes less than wher y is. This behavior
occurs on both Win32 and Linux.

[[see how-to-repeat]]
>How-To-Repeat:
cat > test.java <<\EOF
abstract class sup {
    long a;
    boolean b;
    public sup() { }
}

public class test {

    public static void main(String[] s) { new inner(); }

    static class inner extends sup {
        int y = 3;
        native void foo();
        inner() { foo(); }

EOF

cat > test.cc <<\EOF
#include "test$inner.h"
#include "java/lang/System.h"
#include "java/io/PrintStream.h"

void test$inner::foo() {
    java::lang::System::out->println(y);
}
EOF

jikes test.java
gcjh test\$inner
gcjh sup
CLASSPATH= gcj -I. test.cc test.java -fno-rtti --main=test
./a.out