public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/9996: plural.c can't be found
@ 2003-05-14 10:48 giovannibajo
From: giovannibajo @ 2003-05-14 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, raymond.degennaro.ii

Synopsis: plural.c can't be found

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bajo
State-Changed-When: Wed May 14 10:48:52 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    See Dara's question.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9996

* Re: bootstrap/9996: plural.c can't be found
@ 2003-05-14 14:06 Ray DeGennaro
From: Ray DeGennaro @ 2003-05-14 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/9996; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ray DeGennaro <raymond.degennaro.ii@insightbb.com>
To: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
 raymond.degennaro.ii@insightbb.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
 nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/9996: plural.c can't be found
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:01:02 -0500

 Regarding:

 <http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9996>

 I don't think I will have a chance to try the build on that platform
 for a while.  Also, IIRC, the file existed, it just couldn't be found
 by the make scripts.

 Ray

 --
 A: No.  See:                                                  Help, I'm
     <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>         being held

* Re: bootstrap/9996: plural.c can't be found
@ 2003-05-14 10:16 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-14 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/9996; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: raymond.degennaro.ii@insightbb.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 03:06:29 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=9996

 Hello,

 I believe plural.c is a generated file (generated by plural.y), which
 means the release scripts didn't quite work. Would it be possible for
 you check and see whether this problem still occurs when building gcc
 3.3? Thanks,

 Dara

* bootstrap/9996: plural.c can't be found
@ 2003-03-07 22:36 raymond.degennaro.ii
From: raymond.degennaro.ii @ 2003-03-07 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         9996
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       plural.c can't be found
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Mar 07 22:36:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     raymond.degennaro.ii@insightbb.com
>Release:        3.2.2
When I try a bootstrap build, I get the error plural.c can't be found, but the file exists in the source tree.  I had a very similar error with the first 3.2 release, but for a different file.