public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c++/10661
@ 2003-05-15 22:36 jason
From: jason @ 2003-05-15 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/10661; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jason@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: c++/10661
Date: 15 May 2003 22:26:34 -0000

 CVSROOT:	/cvs/gcc
 Module name:	gcc
 Branch: 	gcc-3_3-branch
 Changes by:	jason@gcc.gnu.org	2003-05-15 22:26:33

 Modified files:
 	gcc/cp         : call.c cp-tree.h pt.c ChangeLog

 Log message:
 	PR c++/5388
 	* call.c (conditional_conversion): Don't consider implicit
 	conversions if T2 is a base of T1.
 	* cp-tree.h (DERIVED_FROM_P, UNIQUELY_DERIVED_FROM_P): Make boolean.
 	(ACCESSIBLY_UNIQUELY_DERIVED_P, PUBLICLY_UNIQUELY_DERIVED_P): Likewise.

 	PR c++/10661
 	* pt.c (instantiate_class_template): Also instantiate our
 	enclosing class.

 Patches:
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/cp/call.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_3-branch&r1=1.341.2.19&r2=1.341.2.20
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/cp/cp-tree.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_3-branch&r1=1.776.2.18&r2=1.776.2.19
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/cp/pt.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_3-branch&r1=1.635.2.22&r2=1.635.2.23
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/cp/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_3-branch&r1=1.3076.2.132&r2=1.3076.2.133

* Re: c++/10661
@ 2003-05-08 18:56 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-05-08 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/10661; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com>
Cc: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo@libero.it>, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c++/10661
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:51:50 -0500 (CDT)

 > Hmm, the analysis in the PR is correct; the testcase is ill-formed.  My
 > patch will make it work, but probably isn't worth applying; I don't think
 > well-formed code will have the same problem.

 I would appreciate some patch nevertheless: the testcase presently just
 ICEs, without any prior error message. Whether you make the testcase
 compile properly or reject it with an error, I don't care, but anything
 should be better than just an ICE!

 Giovanni: you asked about tests with older compilers -- your testcase ICEs
 every compiler from 2.95 to 3.3. It works with 3.4, i.e. we get a proper
 error message. Fixing the issue with the missing "template" allows
 compilers since 3.0 to succeed, 2.95 still ICEs.

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/

* Re: c++/10661
@ 2003-05-08 14:56 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-05-08 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: giovannibajo; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/10661; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:51:27 -0500 (CDT)

 I forgot to say: for the slightly reduced testcase I attached, there are
 several error messages before the ICE. They are unrelated, though, and
 have crept up while I tried to delete random stuff. It's the ICE at the
 end we are interested in. Since the ICE already existed in the original
 code, it's also not an error recovery problem.