public inbox for gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
* I want to join Rust GCC
@ 2024-04-01  3:39 ali omer
From: ali omer @ 2024-04-01  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-rust

Hi ,
My name is ali omar I hope to contribute to Rust GCC , but it is my first
time to contribute to open source projects , so maybe I need help and I
want to know how to start contributing
Thanks in advance

* Re: I want to join Rust GCC
@ 2024-04-04 11:18 ` Arthur Cohen
From: Arthur Cohen @ 2024-04-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ali omer, gcc-rust

Hi there!

On 4/1/24 05:39, ali omer wrote:
> Hi ,
> My name is ali omar I hope to contribute to Rust GCC , but it is my
> first time to contribute to open source projects , so maybe I need help
> and I want to know how to start contributing
> Thanks in advance

Nice, thanks for being interested in our project :D As a starting point
I would suggest cloning the project, and following the instructions in
the README.md file for building it and running the testsuite. You can
then have a look at a couple of issues tagged `good-first-pr` in order
to get familiar with the project and the contributing process.

https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs/
https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Agood-first-pr

If you run into any issues, feel free to ask for help here on the
mailing list. If you're comfortable with using Zulip, then we also have
a server there which you might find is more active.

https://gcc-rust.zulipchat.com/

Looking forward to working with you!

Kindly,

Arthur