* Problem solved
@ 2023-10-28 12:42 Jacob Navia
From: Jacob Navia @ 2023-10-28 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi
I have foujnd the reason for the weird behavior of gcc when reading 64 bits data.

I found out how to avoid this. The performance of the generated code doubled.

I thank everyone in this forum for their silence to my repeated help requests. They remind me that:

THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM
IS WITH YOU.
SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF
ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

Jacob

* Re: Problem solved
@ 1997-12-08  9:35 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1997-12-08  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lmarasci; +Cc: egcs

   Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 00:24:06 -0000 (GMT)
   From: Louis Marascio <lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu>

   I seem to have solved my problem and I'm not sure if I would categorize it as
   an egcs/g++ bug, but egcs/g++ could have detected and possibly compensated for
   it.

(The problem was, essentially, whitespace in CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH).

gcc must simply silently accept whitespace in CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, as
it does now.  Unix permits whitespace in directory names, although it
is not common.  On Windows and MacOS, whitespace in directory names is
both permitted and common.  It would be wrong for gcc to prohibit
whitespace in environment variables which name directories or files,
such as CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH.

Ian

* Problem solved
@ 1997-12-07 21:34 Louis Marascio
From: Louis Marascio @ 1997-12-07 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I seem to have solved my problem and I'm not sure if I would categorize it as
an egcs/g++ bug, but egcs/g++ could have detected and possibly compensated for
it.  After some investigation into what was actually being put in the
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable I saw that it consisted of the correct
paths but there was always a space after the colon, such as this:
somedir: another/dir: yet/another/dir: ... and so on.  I looked in my makefile
and this is how I was defining the variable that contained the paths:

INCLUDEMANIFEST = somedir:\
                  another/dir:\
                  yet/another/dir:\
Notice there is no space after the colon, only a \.  I tried moving the
subsequent directories to the far left margin and the same error occured. After
that I moved the entire thing onto one line, and whacked the \'s.  This
solved the problem.  Maybe its a make thing, dunno.  Either way, thanks to all
those who helped me troubleshoot this.

- - - - -
Louis R. Marascio                  A.K.A Louis Armistead and Jim McCraken
Email: lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu   "We have plenty of psychological abuse
ICQ: 4270107                        in stock" -- Ripped from jsm