* How to run over each node of a tree ?
@ 2003-05-20 10:12 Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2003-05-20 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I want to do a complete run over a tree (GCC AST).

Basically, this is a recursive function with a switch statement on the
TREE_CODE of the top of the tree.

But is there a  way to be sure I didn't forget  any case. For example,
on a  WHILE_STMT, I  may have forgoten  to explore the  WHILE_COND, or
something like this.

In particular, how  can I know wether a node has  a TREE_CHAIN field ?
This field sometimes points to a junk value (Not NULL, not a tree ...)

Thanks for your help,

--
Matthieu

* Re: How to run over each node of a tree ?
@ 2003-05-20 12:01 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2003-05-20 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthieu Moy; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 05:16, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> I want to do a complete run over a tree (GCC AST).

Implement a call-back function for walk_tree.

> In particular, how  can I know wether a node has  a TREE_CHAIN field ?
> This field sometimes points to a junk value (Not NULL, not a tree ...)

Check lang_hooks.tree_inlining.tree_chain_matters_p.  If that is true
for a node, TREE_CHAIN should be valid.

Diego.

* Re: How to run over each node of a tree ?
@ 2003-05-20 12:01 ` Pop Sébastian
From: Pop Sébastian @ 2003-05-20 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:16:38AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> I want to do a complete run over a tree (GCC AST).

you could use walk_tree ().