* How to post to GCC lists?
@ 2008-05-22 20:10 Omar Torres
From: Omar Torres @ 2008-05-22 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear All,
  I recently started working in a GCC backend, and as a result I expect
to be actively participating in the ML.
   That said, I have questions on how to properly and efficiently do a
post. I want to remove the annoyances that at the end just unnecessary
waste everyone's time.

1- I noticed that when I reply to posts, the "References" are not
preserved, which leads to messages in the same threat not to be linked
together. I am using Thunderbird as my email client. When I go to
View>Headers>All the References field looks accurate. Is there a trick
to make this work? Should I use instead a different email client better
suit for GCC ML?

2- Currently, (1) is the only thing I have run cross. I am sure there
are other issues that those of you with more experience have already
discovered and solve. Any other Dos/Don'ts or tips/tricks when posting
to GCC ML?

Thanks,
-Omar

* Re: How to post to GCC lists?
@ 2008-05-23  9:12 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2008-05-23  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Torres; +Cc: gcc

Hi Omar,

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Omar Torres wrote:
> 2- Currently, (1) is the only thing I have run cross. I am sure there
> are other issues that those of you with more experience have already
> discovered and solve. Any other Dos/Don'ts or tips/tricks when posting
> to GCC ML?

http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html tries to summarize some policies, and if
you are interested in contributing, http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html
should have most of the relevant information (and a couple of further
links).

Have fun!

Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: How to post to GCC lists?
@ 2008-06-12  6:07 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2008-06-12  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Torres; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 15:09 -0500, Omar Torres wrote:

> 1- I noticed that when I reply to posts, the "References" are not
> preserved, which leads to messages in the same threat not to be linked
> together. I am using Thunderbird as my email client. When I go to
> View>Headers>All the References field looks accurate. Is there a trick
> to make this work? Should I use instead a different email client better
> suit for GCC ML?

I don't know what the problem is; Thunderbird should certainly observe
have had list members use non-thread-aware mailers in the past and it's
certianly going to irritate people.

Welcome!

Ben