* Exception handling and VxWorks
@ 1998-03-24 11:16 SXTHREE
From: SXTHREE @ 1998-03-24 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	It seems EH will be MT safe in the release 1.1
of egcs. What about multi-task safety in a VxWorks environnement ?

	I had problems building egcs 1.0.2 for the PowerPC-VxWorks target:
I tried to use to use binutils 2.8.0.15 for targets powerPC-wrs-elf32 and
powerPC-wrs-eabi with egcs targets powerPC-wrs-vxworks5.3.
1- eabi.S does not compile complaining about relocations. I guess
   RELOCATABLE should be defined when using -mrelocatable-lib flag,
   it is not.
2- Lots of problems with stdargs.

Using elf32 targets for both binutils and egcs targets seems to work fine,
but EH is not safe.

F. Michel sxthree@penfeld.tls.mms.fr

* Re: Exception handling and VxWorks
@ 1998-03-27  4:21 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-03-27  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SXTHREE; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199803240854.JAA19006@penfeld.tls.mms.fr >you write:

  > 	It seems EH will be MT safe in the release 1.1
  > of egcs. What about multi-task safety in a VxWorks environnement ?
There's an outstanding patch for MT EH support on VxWorks.  Someone
needs to look at it and approve it (I don't know anything about
threads or EH myself, so I haven't done anything with it).

I've still got a copy of the patch if someone needs it for the
review/approval process.

jeff

* Re: Exception handling and VxWorks
@ 1998-03-30 16:18 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1998-03-30 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law, sxthree; +Cc: egcs

> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:42:39 -0700
> From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>

> There's an outstanding patch for MT EH support on VxWorks.  Someone
> needs to look at it and approve it (I don't know anything about
> threads or EH myself, so I haven't done anything with it).

One needs to doublecheck my build.  I'm building in a nonstandard way
(I don't use newlib and friends, but rather VxWorks libc), and I am
concerned that the #includes I put in might not resolve in the way
that people building egcs need them to resolve.

* Re: Exception handling and VxWorks
@ 1998-03-26 17:15 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1998-03-26 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs, sxthree

> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:54:49 +0100
> From: sxthree@penfeld.tls.mms.fr (SXTHREE)

> 	It seems EH will be MT safe in the release 1.1
> of egcs. What about multi-task safety in a VxWorks environnement ?

I submitted a first cut at patches to make EH thread safe for VxWorks,
check the archive.  They haven't been put in egcs yet.  If you want to
help out, dust them off, strap them in, and report back.