* Testcases
@ 2002-12-31  9:03 Volker Reichelt
From: Volker Reichelt @ 2002-12-31  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: neil, gdr, mark

I closed a bunch of problem reports yesterday that were fixed with
the new parser. (Thanks a lot, Mark, for your work!)

I intend to provide a testcase for the testsuite for each of them within
the next days (Neil and Gaby alreasy asked for them).

Any suggestions where to put them?

Apart from those I still have a collection of testcases for bugs that
haven't been fixed, yet. Shouldn't they appear in the testsuite, too?
There was some discussion in the thread starting at

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-12/msg01250.html

but no final conclusion was reached.

How about the following: A subdirectory in the testsuite especially for
the PRs. If a bug gets fixed, one can easily check whether there's
already a testcase in there and move it to a more appropriate place
and/or modify it.

Regards,
Volker

* Re: Testcases
@ 2002-12-31  9:09 ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2002-12-31  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Volker Reichelt; +Cc: gcc, neil, gdr, mark

Volker Reichelt wrote:

>I closed a bunch of problem reports yesterday that were fixed with
>the new parser. (Thanks a lot, Mark, for your work!)
>
>I intend to provide a testcase for the testsuite for each of them within
>the next days (Neil and Gaby alreasy asked for them).
>
>Any suggestions where to put them?

Hi.

It seems that the practice is simply that of putting them in a g++.dg
directory, among which parse, template, overload and others with an
appropriate name reminding the problem fixed.

Just look at Gaby Dos Reis recent commits.

Paolo.

* Re: Testcases
@ 2002-12-31 11:21 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-12-31 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Volker Reichelt, gcc; +Cc: neil, gdr

> Any suggestions where to put them?

g++.dg/parse is probably a good place.

> Apart from those I still have a collection of testcases for bugs that
> haven't been fixed, yet. Shouldn't they appear in the testsuite, too?
> There was some discussion in the thread starting at

> but no final conclusion was reached.

Test cases for things that aren't fixed can just live in GNATS until
we fix them.