* Re: Help
       [not found] <A577A8CE35DBD211AC3F00A0C9E01154100068@bjsmsx90.iprc.intel.com>
@ 2000-01-24  2:18 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-01-24  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meggie.yang; +Cc: meggie.yang, gcc, dengx.pan

> 	I find a file named "Versions" in every directories of the GNU
> C library source code, would you please tell me what it is used for?
> Is it related to "Symbol versioning"? Where can I find more
> information about "Symbol Versioning"?

Johnny,

While this is not really a question on gcc, I'll try to answer it
anyway.

Starting with glibc 2.1, the library uses "ELF symbol versions". This
is a mechanism that allows multiple symbols with the same name in a
shared library, where the names differ in their "version". As a
result, the glibc maintainers can change the signature of a function
without having to change the major version of the library: They only
change the version of the symbol, and keep another copy of the symbol
for backwards compatibility. The Version files define what the version
of each symbol is.

You can find more information in the GNU ld manual (info pages).

Regards,
Martin

* RE: Help
@ 2002-09-14 15:10 ` Bobby McNulty Junior
From: Bobby McNulty Junior @ 2002-09-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Which OS are you using?

From: David Korn @ 2000-12-04 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Vancura, Kathleen', 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

>> ?How do I run the executable?  Thank you.

  Either add '.' to your current $PATH or prefix the
name of the executable with './' so the shell knows where
to find it.

       DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: help...
@ 2000-06-27 11:06 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2000-06-27 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kotakadi, Gouri, gcc

That's why they put up the web page with links to advice and binary
download installations. e.g. http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Tim Prince
From: Kotakadi, Gouri @ 2000-06-27  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Title: help...

Can anybody explain how to get the working GCC compiler for windows 95/98/NT

I downloaded a file gcc-2_95_2_tar.gz from gcc.gnu.org website, but I didn't find any gcc.exe or any other exe files.

And suggest me good website having IDE for this compiler, it should be freeware

Thanks in advance
Gouri Sankar

* Re: help
@ 1998-09-25 22:53 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 1998-09-25 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Pi; +Cc: egcs

Tim Pi <timpi@fmrco.com> writes:

>      I try to build egcs1.1a on sunOS-4.1.4. and have encountered some
>      problems.

Do you care to post them?

>      Do you have FAQ?

Yes, check http://egcs.cygnus.com

Unfortunately, I don't think it will help this time.

>      In addition, I have a old version of gcc library
>      in my system. I suspect the old library causes problems.

Unless you configure egcs to use the same prefix, this should not be a
problem.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org

* help
@ 1998-09-24 14:32 Tim Pi
From: Tim Pi @ 1998-09-24 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi

     I try to build egcs1.1a on sunOS-4.1.4. and have encountered some
     problems. Do you have FAQ? In addition, I have a old version of gcc library
     in my system. I suspect the old library causes problems. Any suggestions
     regarding how I can upgrade my old gcc to the lastest version?
     My version is gcc 1.37.1.

Thx!

Tim Pi

* Help....
@ 1998-07-21 17:06 Koundinya.K
From: Koundinya.K @ 1998-07-21 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hello everybody,
	For the past two and a half months , I am trying to port egcs1.0.3a on to my
system. I am longing to have a gcc compiler. But all the time I am having
various problems in the process of compilation. I really need to have gcc, g++
to port Netscape.

I am using a 32bit MIPS CPU - R4000 . I am running the SVR4.2 UNIX Operating
System.
(System V Release IV)

Please could any one suggest me which configuration would be the right one.

Thanks for any information provided.

Koundinya
    /  email | kk@ddeorg.soft.net                            /  |\
   /   Phone | +91-080-553 8125 / 553 9217 / 553 8646       /   | \
  /    Fax   | +91-080-553 8646                            /    |  \
  |__________|__________|__________|__________|___________/     |   \
 /                                                       /______|----\
|   Koundinya.K ( Development Engineer )                 |//////|    |
|   DDE ORG Systems, III Floor, Maruthi Towers           |//////|    |
|   3/4, Hosusr Road, Madiwala, Bangalore 560 068, INDIA |//////|    |
\________________________________________________________|______|____|
    /   \  /   \                                             /   \
    \___/  \___/   Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.    \___/

* Re: help
@ 1998-06-05 16:50 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1998-06-05 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anmendes, egcs

> From: "Antonio M. O. Neto" <anmendes@cruzeironet.com.br>
> To: <egcs@cygnus.com>
> Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 16:22:15 -0300

> Is it possible to compile the egcs-1.0.3a being used of Windows 95
> with cygwin32, mingw32, egcs-mingw32 or some other one?

I compiled it (1.0.3a with mingw32 change) up recently with b19
(cygwin) as a cross compiler, hosted on b19.  (--target=i386-pc-mingw32
--host=i386-pc-cygwin32 --build=i386-pc-cygwin32) worked reasonably
well, with just some minor fudging.

> I receive messages that the atmosphere was adjusted to create the
> native compiler for " i386-pc-mingw32 ", but when I try to use the
> make, I receive several mistake messages, some of the makeinfo,

I had to remove the building of the info file.

> other mistake of headers in the compilation of GCC among another.

I used --with-headers.

* Re: help
@ 1998-06-05  5:25   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1998-06-05  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio M. O. Neto; +Cc: egcs

"Antonio M. O. Neto" <anmendes@cruzeironet.com.br> writes:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to compile the egcs-1.0.3a being used of Windows 95 with
> cygwin32, mingw32, egcs-mingw32 or some other one? If anybody knows how, do
> send me the answer, because I am not getting to create anything, the typed
> command line it is
>
> " /egcs-1.0.3a/configure i386-pc-mingw32 --prefix=/egcs-test ".
>
> I receive messages that the atmosphere was adjusted to create the native
> compiler for " i386-pc-mingw32 ", but when I try to use the make, I receive
> several mistake messages, some of the makeinfo, other mistake of headers in
> the compilation of GCC among another.

You have two choices:

  - use the binary 1.0.2 distribution. See
      http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

  - use the patches archived at
      ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/{mingw32,cygwin32}
    and go from there. Patches are against 1.0.2, but should apply to
    1.0.3 as well.

    These patches are now integrated into the development snapshots, and
    will be part of egcs-1.1.

Also, search for my postings in gnu-win32 mailing list if you want to
build cross-compiler ( http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/ ) for mingw32
and/or cygwin32.

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu

* help
@ 1998-06-04 23:00 ` Antonio M. O. Neto
From: Antonio M. O. Neto @ 1998-06-04 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hello,

Is it possible to compile the egcs-1.0.3a being used of Windows 95 with
cygwin32, mingw32, egcs-mingw32 or some other one? If anybody knows how, do
send me the answer, because I am not getting to create anything, the typed
command line it is

" /egcs-1.0.3a/configure i386-pc-mingw32 --prefix=/egcs-test ".

I receive messages that the atmosphere was adjusted to create the native
compiler for " i386-pc-mingw32 ", but when I try to use the make, I receive
several mistake messages, some of the makeinfo, other mistake of headers in
the compilation of GCC among another.

If this doesn't go the appropriate atmosphere, inform me which is.

Thank you.

Antonio Mendes of Oliveira Neto - Brazil (anmendes@cruzeironet.with.br)

* Re: help
@ 1998-05-31 16:05 ` Mumit Khan