* Count counterpart of TREE_USED?
@ 2001-12-10 15:43 degger
From: degger @ 2001-12-10 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hija,

TREE_USED can be used to determine whether a decl or stmt was used.
What I need is to figure out how often; I want to find out how rarely
a static function will be called within the same source to change the
inlining rules to not only take the size of the function but also pay
attention to the number of callers especially if there's only one
and there was no specific request to keep the static object around.

Any hints would be appreciated.

--
Servus,
       Daniel

* Re: Count counterpart of TREE_USED?
@ 2001-12-11 15:57 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2001-12-11 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: degger; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:37:52AM +0100, degger@fhm.edu wrote:
> TREE_USED can be used to determine whether a decl or stmt was used.
> What I need is to figure out how often; I want to find out how rarely
> a static function will be called within the same source ...

There is no existing metric for this.

r~