* GNATS
@ 2002-10-16  8:10 Nathanael Nerode
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSF.4.44.0210161634560.22503-100000@naos.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-16  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The high-priority bug reports in GNATS could use a good going through.

Some are solved but not closed; others appear to be unreproducible.  Some
are in the wrong categories and some that should be marked 'feedback'
aren't.

I can't get GNATS write access to do this because the instructions for
getting GNATS write access don't work (sources.redhat.com complains about
an improperly formatted identity.pub).

--Nathanael

* Re: GNATS
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSF.4.44.0210161634560.22503-100000@naos.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
@ 2002-10-16  9:21   ` Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:36:03PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > I can't get GNATS write access to do this because the instructions for
> > getting GNATS write access don't work (sources.redhat.com complains about
> > an improperly formatted identity.pub).
>
> The thing you have missed is "nerodenpass".
>
> HTH,
> Gerald

Thanks.  Maybe this could get documented somewhere clearer? :-/

* Re: GNATS
@ 2002-10-17  6:54 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2002-10-17  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathanael Nerode; +Cc: gcc

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 05:08  PM, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> Oh, this is no good at all.
>
> I can't log in as myself.  I can, however, log in as anyone else.
>
> :-P
>
> When are we switching to Bugzilla?
When chris gets the new machine up and gives me an account.

>  I'm slowly coming to the conclusion
> that the current implementation of GNATS is worse than worthless.
>
> --Nathanael

* Re: GNATS
@ 2002-10-16 22:28   ` Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-16 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:23:19PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Oh, this is no good at all.
> >
> > I can't log in as myself.  I can, however, log in as anyone else.
>
> You can't. It's a user interface bug in gnatsweb which displays the
> username you provided, even if all you got is anonymous read-only access.

Nope, I can. :-P

I just checked.  See pr 6660, which I closed. :-(

To point out the problem without being totally obvious, a system where
people could change their own passwords would not suffer from this
problem.

Ick.

--Nathanael

* Re: GNATS
@ 2002-10-16 15:16 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2002-10-16 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathanael Nerode; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Oh, this is no good at all.
>
> I can't log in as myself.  I can, however, log in as anyone else.

You can't. It's a user interface bug in gnatsweb which displays the
username you provided, even if all you got is anonymous read-only access.

Still, Bugzilla should be an improvement, yes.

Gerald

* GNATS
@ 2002-10-16 15:05 Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-16 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Oh, this is no good at all.

I can't log in as myself.  I can, however, log in as anyone else.

:-P

When are we switching to Bugzilla?  I'm slowly coming to the conclusion