* LSB inclusion of C++
@ 2003-01-03  5:21 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2003-01-03  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++; +Cc: gcc, taggart

I have been asked by Matt Taggart to forward this. Unfortunately I do
not have the time to participate in anything but an advisory role on
this effort.

-benjamin

-------

Subject: LSB inclusion of C++

The Linux Standard Base ( http://www.linuxbase.org ) is considering the
inclusion of various API/ABIs around the C++ standard including (but not
limited to)

* libstdc++ ABI
* calling conventions
* exception handling
* name mangling
* frame unroll
* vtable layout

Fortunately for the LSB, there is already a wealth of specifications, test
suites, etc. in this area. We hope to not have to do much original work,
just point at existing things.

We are seeking the guidance of the C++ community to make sure that we
include the right things and help resolve issues along the way.

We have created a mailing list for this effort,

lsb-cxx@freestandards.org

Mailman subscription form at,
http://freestandards.org/mailman/listinfo/lsb-cxx
List archives at,
http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-cxx/

We expect the mail volume on this list to be fairly low, and the content
mostly technical("standards bureaucracy" occurs on different lists). Please
consider joining and participating at whatever level you like.

Thanks,

lsb-futures committee

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-03  5:21 UTC | newest]