* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-04 16:01 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2003-01-04 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jamesbuch, neil; +Cc: gcc

> James Buchanan wrote:-
>
> > I said "free."  I don't have that amount of money to spare.
>
> And the answer should be obvious from my reply.

It sure is a pity that these documents are not available for free downloading.
One of the really nice accomplishments in the Ada standardization process
was to keep the copyright open, so that the Ada standard can be downloaded.

Well, actually, to be strict, the official ISO version cannot be downloaded
but it differs only in the (extremely annoying) respect that ISO removed
the very useful paragraph numbers from the officially published version.

This was achieved by simply demanding it and making it clear that this
was non-negotiable. Basically, we said "OK, ISO, either you let us
freely publish, or we won't give you the copyright to publish the standard.
We would rather have a freely available ANSI standard without the ISO
brand name than an ISO-branded standard that costs money".

* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-02  6:54   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2003-01-02  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Buchanan; +Cc: gcc

James Buchanan <jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> A draft that came out near to the actual standard is "good enough"
> for me at this stage.  :-)

This is the last public draft before the C99 standard; that standard
itself has also been updated since it was published.
http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n869/

paul

* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-01 18:31 ` James Buchanan
From: James Buchanan @ 2003-01-01 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dockeen, gcc

Hey thanks Wayne, that's not a bad idea at all!  I didn't
know I could get drafts.  A draft that came out near to

At 11:56 AM 1/1/2003 -0600, Dockeen wrote:
>At one point, you could get drafts of the ANSI standards for
>free, I don't know if that is sufficient for your purposes.
>Anyway, that might be a productive direction in which to
>google.
>
>Wayne Keen

* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-01 17:57 Dockeen
From: Dockeen @ 2003-01-01 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2003-01-01 12:01     ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2003-01-01 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Buchanan; +Cc: gcc

James Buchanan wrote:-

> I said "free."  I don't have that amount of money to spare.

And the answer should be obvious from my reply.

Neil.

> At 11:48 AM 1/1/2003 +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> >James Buchanan wrote:-
> >
> >> Are these available free anywhere?  For example, are they available in
> >> libraries?  I searched my uni library but didn't come up with
> >> anything.  Not that the search system was any good.  It's never up to
> >date.
> >
> >You can download them in pdf format for about $18 from the ANSI web
> >site.
> >
> >Neil.

* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-01 11:58   ` James Buchanan
From: James Buchanan @ 2003-01-01 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Booth; +Cc: gcc

I said "free."  I don't have that amount of money to spare.

At 11:48 AM 1/1/2003 +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
>James Buchanan wrote:-
>
> > Are these available free anywhere?  For example, are they available in
> > libraries?  I searched my uni library but didn't come up with
> > anything.  Not that the search system was any good.  It's never up to date.
>
>You can download them in pdf format for about $18 from the ANSI web
>site.
>
>Neil.

* Re: ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-01 11:50 ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2003-01-01 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Buchanan; +Cc: gcc

James Buchanan wrote:-

> Are these available free anywhere?  For example, are they available in
> libraries?  I searched my uni library but didn't come up with
> anything.  Not that the search system was any good.  It's never up to date.

You can download them in pdf format for about $18 from the ANSI web
site.

Neil.

* ISO C and C++ Standards Docs
@ 2003-01-01 11:41 James Buchanan
From: James Buchanan @ 2003-01-01 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Are these available free anywhere?  For example, are they available in
libraries?  I searched my uni library but didn't come up with
anything.  Not that the search system was any good.  It's never up to date.

Thanks,
James