* call graph -  question ?
@ 2004-11-18 18:10 Virender Kashyap
From: Virender Kashyap @ 2004-11-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

HI,
     I had doubt whether in unit-at-time mode call graph is built
incrementally or is it built only after all the funcitons have been
parsed (i.e. after cgraph_finalize_compilation unit functions is called).
In the latter case, where are all the function trees stored then ?
I presume that cgraph nodes are allotted to respective functions (and
trees stored there) and only call and return edges are fixed after all funcitons are ready with
  their trees.
Could someone please clarify on this?

Thanks and Regards.
Virender

* Re: call graph -  question ?
@ 2004-11-25 13:35 ` Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2004-11-25 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Virender Kashyap; +Cc: gcc

> HI,
>     I had doubt whether in unit-at-time mode call graph is built
> incrementally or is it built only after all the funcitons have been
> parsed (i.e. after cgraph_finalize_compilation unit functions is called).
> In the latter case, where are all the function trees stored then ?
> I presume that cgraph nodes are allotted to respective functions (and
> trees stored there) and only call and return edges are fixed after all
> funcitons are ready with
>  their trees.
> Could someone please clarify on this?

Yep, the nodes are produced as the functions are being finished and in
the cgraph_finalize_compilation_unit the edges are built and unused
bodies/nodes prunned out.

Honza