* gcc 4.0 branch?
@ 2004-12-10 20:28 Jack Howarth
From: Jack Howarth @ 2004-12-10 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

    Is there a current target date for the creation of a release
branch for gcc-4.0? I haven't seen a status update mentionin that
in the last month or so.
                        Jack

* Re: gcc 4.0 branch?
@ 2004-12-11 12:58 ` Giovanni Bajo
From: Giovanni Bajo @ 2004-12-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Howarth; +Cc: gcc

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> wrote:

>     Is there a current target date for the creation of a release
> branch for gcc-4.0? I haven't seen a status update mentionin that
> in the last month or so.

You will have to get an official answer from Mark Mitchell, but the general
idea is that branching when the mainline is not stable is not a good idea (been
there, done that). gcc-3.4 was branched when there was around 100 regressions
opened in Bugzilla; currently, there are 177 regressions opened (and we are
doing very well: it used to be 220 only two weeks ago).

Giovanni Bajo