* New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-05 15:18 Gerald Pfeifer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2009-06-05 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, DJ Delorie

As everyone here surely has seen, DJ Delorie has been submitting a
new port for the Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) and done a number
of adjustments based on feedback already.

Pending initial (technical) approval the steering committee welcomes
this new port and is happy to appoint DJ as maintainer.

Congratulations, DJ!  Please adjust the MAINTAINERS file accordingly
when the port goes in, and Happy Hacking,

Gerald

* Re: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-05 15:51 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2009-06-05 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

Thanks!

* Re: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-08 22:52 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2009-06-08 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

> Pending initial (technical) approval

So... Can I get a global maintainer to approve it?

* Ping: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-17  4:52 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2009-06-17  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

> Pending initial (technical) approval

Ping?  Still waiting for technical approval from a global maintainer.

http://people.redhat.com/dj/mep/

* Re: Ping: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-19  0:14   ` Michael Meissner
From: Michael Meissner @ 2009-06-19  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:52:33AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Pending initial (technical) approval
>
> Ping?  Still waiting for technical approval from a global maintainer.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/dj/mep/

I thought I had sent you mail approving the changes 2 weeks ago.  Perhaps I
misremembered, or perhaps it got lost somewhere.  All of my comments about the
internals of the mep would be things to do if you desired, but as port
maintainer, I don't see that we have to apply standards set for the rest of the
compiler (if we did, probably half of the ports would be rejected for
formatting in some of the files).  I don't recall having any problems with the
machine independent changes.

--
Michael Meissner, IBM
4 Technology Place Drive, MS 2203A, Westford, MA, 01886, USA

* Re: Ping: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and maintainer
@ 2009-06-19  1:32     ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2009-06-19  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Meissner; +Cc: meissner, gcc

> I thought I had sent you mail approving the changes 2 weeks ago.
> Perhaps I misremembered, or perhaps it got lost somewhere.  All of
> my comments about the internals of the mep would be things to do if
> you desired, but as port maintainer, I don't see that we have to
> apply standards set for the rest of the compiler (if we did,
> probably half of the ports would be rejected for formatting in some
> of the files).  I don't recall having any problems with the machine
> independent changes.

Thanks!

* Re: Ping: New Toshiba Media Processor (mep-elf) port and  maintainer
@ 2009-06-20 17:36     ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2009-06-20 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Meissner; +Cc: DJ Delorie, gcc

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Michael Meissner wrote:
> All of my comments about the internals of the mep would be things to do
> if you desired, but as port maintainer, I don't see that we have to
> apply standards set for the rest of the compiler (if we did, probably
> half of the ports would be rejected for formatting in some of the
> files).

I believe what was mentioned at the Summit was that where ports introduce
deprecated interfaces or possibly increase the maintainence burden for
other maintainers in the future that is something we want to avoid, and
for that reason a check of port beyond changes in common code is
beneficial.

Gerald