* Copyright assignment form
@ 2020-10-03 13:06 ` Antoni Boucher
From: Antoni Boucher @ 2020-10-03 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, assign, David Malcolm

Hello.
I'd like a copyright assignment form for all my future contributions to
gcc.
Thanks.

* [gnu.org #1622724] Antoni Boucher GCC
@ 2020-10-06 23:45   ` Craig Topham via RT
From: Craig Topham via RT @ 2020-10-06 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gcc, dmalcolm, gccheads

Antoni,

Thank you so much for contributing. Please find the attached PDF(s) of your
assignment(s) in the email after this one. Please print out the form, sign it,
and then email a scanned copy in PDF format to <assign@gnu.org> or fax it to us
at +1-617-542-2652. You can also send it to us via the postal mail if you prefer:

Copyright & Licensing Associate
Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110

Once the FSF has signed it, we will send you a digital copy in PDF format for
your records.

Remember, we can protect your work as long as we hold copyright on it. Do keep
us informed as you change employers, or as your disclaimers run their course.

In addition, would it be acceptable for us to publicize your contribution by
microblogging that you are contributing, and listing your name in our monthly
newsletter?

Thank you for your contribution!

All the best,

Craig Topham
Copyright & Licensing Associate
Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110
Phone +1-617-542-5942
Fax +1-617-542-2652

* [gnu.org #1622724] Antoni Boucher GCC
@ 2020-10-14 19:09   ` Craig Topham via RT
From: Craig Topham via RT @ 2020-10-14 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gccheads, gcc, dmalcolm

Antoni,

Your assignment/disclaimer process with the FSF is currently
complete; your fully executed PDF will be sent to you in a separate
email immediately following this one.

Please remember to let us know when your employment status changes, as
this may affect your assignment status.

Thank you for your contribution!

All the best,

Craig Topham
Copyright & Licensing Associate
Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110
Phone +1-617-542-5942
Fax +1-617-542-2652

cc - maintainer
INFORMATION FOR THE MAINTAINER(S)

Here's how the contributor answered the question, “ Did you copy any
files or text written by someone else in these changes?”

No

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]
The patches has not been merged yet, but they changed the following
files:

- gcc/jit/docs/topics/compatibility.rst
- gcc/jit/docs/topics/functions.rst
- gcc/jit/libgccjit.c
- gcc/jit/libgccjit.h
- gcc/jit/libgccjit.map
- gcc/jit/jit-playback.c
- gcc/testsuite/jit.dg/all-non-failing-tests.h

and added the following files:

- gcc/testsuite/jit.dg/test-reflection.c
- gcc/testsuite/jit.dg/test-cast.c

* Re: Copyright Assignment Form
@ 2021-04-10 12:04       ` Liu Hao
From: Liu Hao @ 2021-04-10 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: David Edelsohn, Ruihan Li, GCC Development, assign

在 2021/4/10 下午3:22, Jonathan Wakely 写道:

> I don't about David, but the reason I take it off-list is that there is more than one form that
> might be appropriate, depending on the contributor's situation. The forms are available online (e.g.
> in the gnulib repo) but discussing what is suitable, and whether a disclaimer from an employer is
> needed, doesn't need to be done in public. The contributor might not want to discuss who their
> employer is on the public list, for example.

Thanks for your information.

--
Best regards,
Liu Hao

* Re: Copyright Assignment Form
@ 2021-04-10  7:22     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-04-10  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liu Hao; +Cc: David Edelsohn, Ruihan Li, GCC Development, assign

@ 2021-04-10  2:31   ` Liu Hao
From: Liu Hao @ 2021-04-10  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edelsohn, Ruihan Li; +Cc: GCC Development, assign

@ 2021-04-09 15:06 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2021-04-09 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruihan Li; +Cc: GCC Development, assign

Replied privately.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 8:37 AM Ruihan Li via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>

> I'd like to contribute to the gccrs project (https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs) and they require contributions to have copyright assignment in place. Could you please tell me what I should do and send me the relevant forms?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Ruihan Li

* Copyright Assignment Form
@ 2021-04-09 12:32 Ruihan Li
From: Ruihan Li @ 2021-04-09 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assign

@ 2021-02-18 14:51 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2021-02-18 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Akshat Agarwal; +Cc: GCC Development

Sent off list.

- David

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:28 PM Akshat Agarwal via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hey,
> I would like to contribute some patches to the gccrs project (https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs/) and I'd like to get a copyright assignment form as per the guidelines outlined at https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.
> Do let me know if there are any more steps involved.
>
> Thanks,
> Akshat Agarwal

* Copyright Assignment Form
@ 2021-02-18  4:25 Akshat Agarwal
From: Akshat Agarwal @ 2021-02-18  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2019-05-20 11:22 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2019-05-20 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Čepelík, gcc; +Cc: Jan Hubicka

Hello,

On Sat, May 18 2019, David Čepelík wrote:
> Dear GCC devs,
>
> in accordance with [1] I'd like to ask you to provide me
> with the copyright assignment form (the "for all future
> changes" variant). I'll be submitting a larger patch soon.

I believe the right process is to email the following information to
assign@gnu.org and they will send you the assignment form for your "past
and future changes".  Use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as
the subject line of the message.

REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

I find the form quite a bit strange since it asks people about stuff
they already changed when without a copyright assignment they could not
have changed anything, but well...

Martin

* copyright assignment form
@ 2019-05-18  9:42 David Čepelík
From: David Čepelík @ 2019-05-18  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Jan Hubicka

Dear GCC devs,

in accordance with [1] I'd like to ask you to provide me
with the copyright assignment form (the "for all future
changes" variant). I'll be submitting a larger patch soon.

Regards
David Čepelík

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal

* Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-06-01 15:36 Andrew Benson
From: Andrew Benson @ 2018-06-01 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assign

Hello,

I'd like to contribute a patch to GCC, and was told I need to get and sign a
copyright assignment form before I can do so. Could you send me the form - and
if there's a separate form needed for any release of copyright by my employer
(as the patch was developed as part of my job) I would need that also.

Thank you,
Andrew Benson

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-01-17 12:50               ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2018-01-17 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Wednesday 17 January 2018 05:52 PM, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> That was a local decision between (I presume) linaro and the FSF.   A
> single assignment may cover multiple specific projects, or specify any.

I didn't sign my copyright papers through Linaro; I've had an individual
assignment on file since 2012 when I was at RH.

In any case that's just a procedural thing that shouldn't matter given
that the content is the same.

Siddhesh

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-01-17 12:22             ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2018-01-17 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On 01/16/2018 03:34 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> Right, the content is the same, but I remember signing separate papers for
> each project.

That was a local decision between (I presume) linaro and the FSF.   A
single assignment may cover multiple specific projects, or specify any.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-01-16 20:49           ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2018-01-16 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Khan, Shahid, gcc

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018, Jim Wilson wrote:

> You can file an assignment that covers a single patch, or a single
> project, or multiple patches, or multiple projects, or even all
> patches for all projects.  Though of course the lawyers will have a
> say in this, as they may not be comfortable with a broad assignment,
> and may want to restrict it to specific projects, or even specific
> patches for specific projects.  The more restricted the assignment,

And it may be restricted in which staff can contribute patches (either
describing a group of staff, or listing names and requiring additional
paperwork to add extra individuals to it).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-01-16 20:46   ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2018-01-16 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: Shahid Khan, gcc, siddhesh

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018, Jim Wilson wrote:

> You should contact assign@gnu.org directly.  The standard forms contain
> language about patents that Qualcomm lawyers are unlikely to be comfortable
> with, and may require negotiating a non-standard agreement. As best as I can
> tell, the FSF has never received a copyright assignment or disclaimer from
> Qualcomm.

Which is why the Hexagon ports of GCC / binutils / GDB / glibc never went
upstream.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2018-01-16 20:35           ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2018-01-16 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: Khan, Shahid, gcc

On 17-Jan-2018 02:02, "Jim Wilson" <jimw@sifive.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar
<siddhesh@linaro.org> wrote:
> You need a separate assignment for every GNU project you intend to
> contribute to, so separate assignments for GCC, glibc, binutils, etc.

The form is the same for all GNU projects.

@ 2018-01-16 20:32         ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2018-01-16 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: Khan, Shahid, gcc

<siddhesh@linaro.org> wrote:
> You need a separate assignment for every GNU project you intend to
> contribute to, so separate assignments for GCC, glibc, binutils, etc.

The form is the same for all GNU projects.

You can file an assignment that covers a single patch, or a single
project, or multiple patches, or multiple projects, or even all
patches for all projects.  Though of course the lawyers will have a
say in this, as they may not be comfortable with a broad assignment,
and may want to restrict it to specific projects, or even specific
patches for specific projects.  The more restricted the assignment,
the more paperwork you have to do, but the easier it it to get it past
lawyers uncomfortable with FSF requirements.  For instance, you can
get an assignment for a single patch, but then you have to go through
the assignment process every time you contribute a patch.

Jim

* RE: Copyright assignment form
       [not found]     ` <CAFZeh08oKhZbH=rTs_NG7Cq463PUvj21TOcR692OUBfmqqKJJg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-01-16 20:01       ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2018-01-16 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khan, Shahid; +Cc: Jim Wilson, gcc

Hi Shahid,

You need a separate assignment for every GNU project you intend to
contribute to, so separate assignments for GCC, glibc, binutils, etc.

Siddhesh

On 17-Jan-2018 01:25, "Shahid Khan" <shahidk@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

Thanks for the info, Jim.

Siddhesh,

Is there a separate copyright assignment for glibc or the same form works
for both?

-Shahid

On 01/15/2018 03:11 PM, Shahid Khan wrote:
> Our team at Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. is interested in contributing patches to the upstream GCC compiler project. To get the process started, we'd like to request a copyright assignment form as per contribution guidelines outlined at https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.
>
> Please let me know if there are additional steps we need to take to become an effective contributor to the GCC community.

You should contact assign@gnu.org directly.  The standard forms contain language about patents that Qualcomm lawyers are unlikely to be comfortable with, and may require negotiating a non-standard agreement.
As best as I can tell, the FSF has never received a copyright assignment or disclaimer from Qualcomm.  If this is the first time Qualcomm lawyers are talking to the FSF, this will take a while.  I would not be surprised if this takes a year or two.  You will also need a VP level signature for the forms once you get approval from Qualcomm lawyers.

@ 2018-01-16 18:01 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2018-01-16 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shahid Khan, gcc; +Cc: siddhesh

@ 2018-01-15 23:11 Shahid Khan
From: Shahid Khan @ 2018-01-15 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello GCC maintainer,

Our team at Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. is interested in contributing patches to the upstream GCC compiler project. To get the process started, we'd like to request a copyright assignment form as per contribution guidelines outlined at https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.

Please let me know if there are additional steps we need to take to become an effective contributor to the GCC community.

Thanks,
Shahid

* Copyright assignment form
@ 2017-03-04 12:32 Decius Caecilius Metellus
From: Decius Caecilius Metellus @ 2017-03-04 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assign

Hello,

I would like to contribute to gcc sometime in the future. I have

been told that the necessary paperwork can take some time, so

I would appreciate if you could send me the copyright assignment

form.

Nicolas Koenig

* Copyright assignment form
@ 2006-09-02 17:39 Rask Ingemann Lambertsen
From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen @ 2006-09-02 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assignments

   Please send me the copyright assignment form I need to contribute to GCC.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen

* copyright assignment form
@ 2006-08-15 15:58 Jack Howarth
From: Jack Howarth @ 2006-08-15 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: assignment, gcc

   Please seend me the copyright assignment form required for
contribution to gcc. Thanks in advance.
    Jack Howarth

* Re: Copyright assignment form
@ 2001-02-15  8:07 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-02-15  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Mike Yang wrote:
> I'd like to submit a contribution to gcc.  Could I receive a copy of the
> copyright assignment form to begin the process?  Thanks!

FYI, to avoid duplicates: I'm taking care of this and am already in
contact with Mike.

Gerald

* Copyright assignment form
@ 2001-02-15  7:24 Mike Yang
From: Mike Yang @ 2001-02-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi:

I'd like to submit a contribution to gcc.  Could I receive a copy of the
copyright assignment form to begin the process?  Thanks!

				Mike Yang