* question
@ 1998-04-04 11:01 Richard Wong
From: Richard Wong @ 1998-04-04 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

what does "egcs" stand for? Its not in the FAQ.

richard wong
Princeton, Math

* question
@ 1998-04-04 14:20 ` Gavin Koch
From: Gavin Koch @ 1998-04-04 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Wong; +Cc: egcs

Richard Wong writes:
 > what does "egcs" stand for? Its not in the FAQ.

It just sounded good.

                               -gavin...

* Re: question
@ 1998-04-04 16:52 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-04 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Wong; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 35268076.167EB0E7@math.princeton.edu >you write:
  > what does "egcs" stand for? Its not in the FAQ.
Nothing particularly.   We just needed a name, preferably one
that wasn't already taken :-)

jeff

* Question
@ 2015-05-06 11:54 stanleyomachieful
From: stanleyomachieful @ 2015-05-06 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Good day sir, how do I get tutorial of GNU make?thanks for you answer.

* question
@ 2012-10-25  8:21 Виталий
From: Виталий @ 2012-10-25  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

You could not me to send some source code connected with compiling under linux
 --
Respectfully yours, Moskovtsev Vitaliy.
http://www.vncwin.ru

* Re: Question...
@ 2004-05-25  0:53 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2004-05-25  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeriu Palos; +Cc: gcc

Valeriu Palos wrote:

I am a true supporter of open source but I cannot agree that this
concept should simply apply to all software programs on the planet.
First of all, I trust you mean Free Software here when you say
open source. Actually it sounds like you are a true supporter
only as a taker and not a giver, you are in favor of others
making their work available to you under this license, but
not vice versa.
The software in question involves a lot of hard work and true innovative
research in an area which is not yet properly looked into by the
developer community.
Like GCC!

So, you see?... what concerns me is not necessarily
the money issue but the intelectual protection issue.
Please explain, sounds like you just want to keep your
sources secret and hoard the knowledge to me, the
opposite of the GCC philosophy.
So, allthough I have tried, I simply cannot understand how revealing my
work freely to the world could advantage me (except maybe from a PR
point of view). I do not pretend to know better than anyone, which is
why I am asking you... what is the solution?
You have not tried very hard, since you are obviously
very misinformed about the GPL itself. At least read
the FAQ on the GPL.
In fact speaking for our company (AdaCore) we make our software
available under the GPL because it is advantageous to our
customers, and is a competitive advantage for us, which makes
it easier to sell our software.
This discussion is way off topic, so if you want to follow
up, please do to me personally, not to the list.
Robert Dewar

* Re: Question...
@ 2004-05-25  0:32   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2004-05-25  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Weinberg; +Cc: Valeriu Palos, gcc

In this you are mistaken on two different grounds.

 * If you write your own program, and use GCC to compile it, you are
   under no obligation to release your own program under the terms of
   the GPL.  Many individuals and organizations use GCC to compile
   proprietary software.
Perhaps one very dramatic example is that much classified military
code is compiled using GCC (in particular using GNAT Pro, the
commercial version of the GNU Ada 95 compiler, which is of course
fully covered by the GPL).
I know this is off topic, but if even one person gets rid of
weird ideas about the GPL (ideas that are incidentally deliberately
promulgated by some large companies), that's worth one off topic post.

* Re: Question...
@ 2004-05-24 18:58 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2004-05-24 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeriu Palos; +Cc: gcc

Valeriu Palos <valeriu@palos.ro> writes:

> Hello, my name is Valeriu Palos and here is my problem.
>
> For some time now I started preparing for the development of a
> software ideea of mine and I got everything through except for the
> part of the c/c++ compiler's licensing program.
>
> I am rather determined to use GCC as the compiling platform for my
> program, but, the problem is that from what I have read (the GPL
> License documentation), I understood that if I build this software
> with GCC I would not be able to sell it and, even more, I would be
> compelled to disclose the source code of my software to the open
> public.

In this you are mistaken on two different grounds.

 * If you write your own program, and use GCC to compile it, you are
   under no obligation to release your own program under the terms of
   the GPL.  Many individuals and organizations use GCC to compile
   proprietary software.

 * GCC itself is under the GPL.  That means: If you make modifications
   to GCC itself, and you distribute those modifications to some third
   party, then you are obliged to give that third party the source
   code to your modifications if they want it.  You do not have to
   give your modifications to anyone in the first place, you don't
   have to give the source code to anyone you didn't already
   distribute the modified GCC to, and you can charge money for
   distribution.

You may find the Free Software Foundation's GPL FAQ to be helpful:
< http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html >.

zw

* Re: Question...
@ 2004-05-24 18:55 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-05-24 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeriu Palos; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Valeriu Palos wrote:
> I am rather determined to use GCC as the compiling platform for my
> program, but, the problem is that from what I have read (the GPL License
> documentation), I understood that if I build this software with GCC I
> would not be able to sell it and, even more, I would be compelled to
> disclose the source code of my software to the open public.

Neither of these is true.

Please see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CanIUseGPLToolsForNF
for details.  For what it's worth, I recommend reading the entire FAQ, not
just this specific entry, as it is well written and my probably address
further issues you may encounter in the future.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Question...
@ 2004-05-24 18:46 Valeriu Palos
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Valeriu Palos @ 2004-05-24 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello, my name is Valeriu Palos and here is my problem.

For some time now I started preparing for the development of a software
ideea of mine and I got everything through except for the part of the
c/c++ compiler's licensing program.

I am rather determined to use GCC as the compiling platform for my
program, but, the problem is that from what I have read (the GPL License
documentation), I understood that if I build this software with GCC I
would not be able to sell it and, even more, I would be compelled to
disclose the source code of my software to the open public.

I am a true supporter of open source but I cannot agree that this
concept should simply apply to all software programs on the planet.
The software in question involves a lot of hard work and true innovative
research in an area which is not yet properly looked into by the
developer community. So, you see?... what concerns me is not necessarily
the money issue but the intelectual protection issue.

So, allthough I have tried, I simply cannot understand how revealing my
work freely to the world could advantage me (except maybe from a PR
point of view). I do not pretend to know better than anyone, which is
why I am asking you... what is the solution?

I obviously do not want to switch from GCC to another compiler since I
would be deprived of many advantages (for me the most important beeing
*the compatibility/portability*).
If the only solution to using GCC is giving my code up for free, than I
ask you to help me understand the advantages of this choice (make me
belive!... I know there has to be some solid grounds for GCC's success
and the success of programs made with it).

If it is possible, I am willing to buy another type of license program
that permits me to make my software commercial, allthough I am fairly
sure that this is not the case.

If I have to switch to another compiling platform it would obviously
mean that I should buy a Windows-like platform (Borland or Microsoft)
since these are next in line as far as performance, quality and overall
advantages go.

I do not mean to insult the ideea of free software through GPL by asking
this, but it is really important. Also, I would expect that, through
time, many might have asked the same thing I am, so if you decide that
my letter is not even worth replying I will not hold it against you.

Thank you, and keep up the (undoubtedly) good work! :)

* Question
@ 2003-03-07 15:26 MKAOUAR Mohamed
From: MKAOUAR Mohamed @ 2003-03-07 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear Sir,

Can you help me to understand what's the difference between a simple
program and a preprocessor?

Sincerely,
Mohamed MKAOUAR.

* question
@ 2001-08-21 15:56 Eugenio Flores
From: Eugenio Flores @ 2001-08-21 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gnu

Hi, from Managua, Nicaragua,

I work with a SunOs release 5.7 and I was installing de gcc 3.0, the first
thing I did after
downloding the sources files was to use the gzip to make the proper
directories, and then
I followed the instructions that I read in the the installation page, after
making the objdir I wrote
the next step(srcdir/configure [options] [target]) in my case I wrote the
name o ther source directory but I get as answer from the system:
/opt/NSCPcom/gcc/configure:  not found.

Is configure a command that the OS has to have? what can I do?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Eugenio Flores

Descargue GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer en http://explorer.msn.es/intl.asp

* Re: Question
@ 2001-07-09 20:25 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-07-09 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Tervel Atanassov (Anaheim)"; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port some more code from windows 2000 to linux.  The specific
> functionality I would like to port is called "Structured Exception Handling"
> and it works like so:

This technique seems unsafe to me, whether on Windows or Linux or anywhere
else.  The reason is that a signal can occur at any time, including
halfway through a constructor when an object is in an inconsistent state.

Consider the following very simple code:

	char* foo = 0;
	try {
		foo = new char[100];
	catch (StructuredException) {

Now suppose you turn a SIGINT (user types control-C) into a "structured
exception").  Should the catch block do "delete foo;" or not?  Even if
it does, there's a window between the allocation of the memory and the
assignment to foo, so at the least there's going to be a memory leak.
At worst, you'll have to change all of your code to block signals during
critical regions, regions that weren't critical before.

* Question
@ 2001-07-09 17:02 Tervel  Atanassov (Anaheim)
From: Tervel  Atanassov (Anaheim) @ 2001-07-09 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hello,

I am trying to port some more code from windows 2000 to linux.  The specific
functionality I would like to port is called "Structured Exception Handling"
and it works like so:

1.	Define a function which based upons a signal throws an exceptoion.
For example:
	void translateException(unsigned int u, EXCEPTION_POINTERS* pExp)
	{
		switch (u)
		{
		case (unsigned int)0xc0000005:
			throw AccessViolationException(
"SE_Exception::translateException() - u == 0xc0000005",

pExp,

u );
		break;
		default:
			throw SE_Exception(
"SE_Exception::translateException() - default:",
								pExp,
								u );
	The idea here is that the function translates the windows "signal"
to a user defined exception object.

2.	call the Windows API function
_set_se_translator(translateException).
3.	when a OS trap -- like an access violation -- occurs the specified
function will be called.
4.	From within the body of that function a user defined exception
object (MyAccessViolationException) can be thrown  which can be caught
anywhere in the offending stack frame. e.g.
	try
	{
		int* pNull = 0;
		*pNull = 12;
	}
	catch (MyAccessViolationException& e)
	{
		printf ("success.\n");
	}

I found a related article at http://gcc.gnu.org/java/port-signals.html which
explains how to raise Java exceptions in response to SIGSEGV and such.
Using that I came up with the following example:

void on_accvio(int signo/*, siginfo_t *info, void *ignored*/)
{
	void **_p = (void **)&signo;
	struct sigcontext_struct *_regs = (struct sigcontext_struct *)++_p;
	register unsigned long _ebp = _regs->ebp;
	register unsigned long _eip = _regs->eip;
	asm volatile ("mov %0, (%%ebp); mov %1, 4(%%ebp)" : : "r"(_ebp),
"r"(_eip));
//	register unsigned long _esp = _regs->esp;
//	asm volatile ("mov %0, (%%ebp); mov %1, 4(%%ebp); mov %1, 4(%%esp)"
: : "r"(_ebp), "r"(_eip), "r"(_esp));
	//I am only throwing the true for now
	throw true;
}

struct sigaction sa;
void init()
{
	sigemptyset(&sa.sa_mask);
	sa.sa_handler = on_accvio;
	sa.sa_flags = 0;
	if (sigaction(SIGSEGV, &sa, NULL))
	{
		printf("initlog() : sigaction() failed.\n");
		exit(1);
	}
	return;
}

int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{
	init();
	//start a bunch of threads.  which contain the follwoing code.
	try
	{
		printf ("[%d]\tEventWaiterThread(%lu)::Run() : Generating an
exception.\n",GetCurrentThreadId(), this);
		int* pNull = 0;
		*pNull = 9;
	}
	catch (bool b)
	{
		printf ("[%d]\tEventWaiterThread(%lu)::Run() : Caught an
exception.\n",GetCurrentThreadId(), this);

The code works -- sorta.  The exception gets handled fine, however as soon
as the catch occurs, the argument list of the offending method is seriously
messed up.  As you can see from the commented out code, i tried overwritting
the stack register (I guessed it's called %%esp) in the hope of fixing this.
It didn't work.  What should i do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as assembly and I are on VERY formal
terms.

Thanks,

Tervel Atanassov

* Re: question
@ 2001-05-09  6:58 ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2001-05-09  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Majid moghaddam, gcc

Hi,

why don't you have a look at:

    http://freeware.sgi.com

Here you will find a prebuilt GCC2.95.2 package for IRIX6.2 and upward.
I personally installed it on a couple of SGI O2 and indeed the F77
compiler works very well!

P.

* Re: question
@ 2001-05-09  6:42 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2001-05-09  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Majid moghaddam, gcc

From: Erik Mouw @ 2001-05-09  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Majid moghaddam; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 05:48:58AM -0700, Majid moghaddam wrote:
> I would appreciate if you help me solve a problem in
> installing gcc-2.7.2.3 .
> I am trying to install it on a SGI R5000 ( IRIX 6.3 )

gcc-2.7.2.3 doesn't support IRIX 6.x systems. Use gcc-2.95.3 instead.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl

* question
@ 2001-05-09  5:49 Majid moghaddam
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Majid moghaddam @ 2001-05-09  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

 Dear Sir
Hello
I would appreciate if you help me solve a problem in
installing gcc-2.7.2.3 .
I am trying to install it on a SGI R5000 ( IRIX 6.3 )
 as C compiler and after its installation I will start
to install f77 using gcc-g77.
The file sarray.c can not be built after entering
command " make " ( I have already installed gnu make
). The warnings are:

sarray.c : In function 'sarray_at_put':
sarray.c : 126 :warning : type mismatch in implicit
declaration for built-in function 'memcpy'
sarray.c :In function 'sarray_realloc':
sarray.c :241 : warning:comparison is always 0 due to
limited range of data type
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

I have already downloaded gcc-2.7.2.3 and some g77 (
including g77-0.5.20) . I have had many problems with
them . unfortunately I am not an expert; I am a
student who needs to f77 severely. I would appreciate
if you suggest me the simplest way to have f77 and the
best versions of gcc and g77.
I am sorry bothering you and thank you very much for
your kind helps.
Best regards,
Majid Erfani Moghaddam

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* Re: question
@ 2000-12-28  0:43 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-12-28  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chikara; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 chikara@tmaxsoft.co.jp wrote:
> How^[$B!!^[(Bdo I get a complete version of binary
>  I missed 4times to get binary file.

That is because we do not offer binaries, just source.

At < http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html > you'll find more information and
also a link to some binaries provided by third parties.

Gerald

* question
@ 2000-12-27 23:08 chikara
From: chikara @ 2000-12-27 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2000-11-13  3:10 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-11-13  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marzuq Madi; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Marzuq Madi wrote:
> My name is Madi Marzuq, I would like to ask is it a good practice to
> configure, build and install the GCC in one machine, and then tar the whole
> pkg and extract it leter on in another machine with the same OS version and
> patch bundle.

Yes, this works fine. Or, which is the solution that we use here, you can
install it in a directory residing on a (NFS) file-server and then mount
that directory from all compatible clients.

Gerald

PS: I assume that the machines don't just have the same OS version and
patch bundle, but also compatible hardware architectures.

* Question
@ 2000-11-13  2:54 Marzuq Madi
From: Marzuq Madi @ 2000-11-13  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hello,

My name is Madi Marzuq, I would like to ask is it a good practice to
configure, build and install the GCC in one machine, and then tar the whole
pkg and extract it leter on in another machine with the same OS version and
patch bundle. like that I don't need to configure, compile it in each
machine.

I would be very gratefull if you provide me with an answer to this question.

Regards,

Madi

* Re: Question
@ 2000-10-05  9:43 ` Lassi A. Tuura
From: Lassi A. Tuura @ 2000-10-05  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sampson, Michael J.; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Each language driver by default links only its own runtimes; you need to
get all the runtimes into the executable.  In your case, link with the
C++ compiler and add -lg2c (before -lm) for the F77 runtime.

Hope this helps,
//lat
--
I think we're in trouble.  --Han Solo

* Re: Question
@ 2000-10-05  8:27 ` Bo Thorsen
From: Bo Thorsen @ 2000-10-05  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sampson, Michael J.; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Sampson, Michael J. wrote:

> Hello,
>   	Currently I am working on a project that consists of Fortran, C, C++
> and a front end which is written in C++. I am having trouble with linking
> all of my object files I have built. I've spent some time reading through
> the GNU GCC and G77 manuals on your web site. Right now I seemed to be stuck
> where I'm trying to do the final linking stage with gcc. No matter how I
> arrange the linking part I am getting undefined symbol references. If I try
> to do the linking with g++, I get Fortran undefined reference symbols, if I
> try to the linking with g77, I get C++ undefined references (iostream).
> Could the GNU GCC group perhaps guide in a direction to resolve this issue?

When you use gcc to link c++ programs, you have to include the libstdc++
yourself -- this is one of the differences between gcc and g++. Simply add
the -lstdc++ flag to LFLAGS, and you should be rid of the iostream
problems.

Bo.

--

Bo Thorsen
bo@sonofthor.dk

Rule one of good programmers: anything You can do, I can do better
Rule two of good programmers: anything I can do, You can do better
The Programming Theorem: anything worth doing is worth doing over and over again

* Question
@ 2000-10-05  7:54 Sampson, Michael J.
From: Sampson, Michael J. @ 2000-10-05  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hello,
  	Currently I am working on a project that consists of Fortran, C, C++
and a front end which is written in C++. I am having trouble with linking
all of my object files I have built. I've spent some time reading through
the GNU GCC and G77 manuals on your web site. Right now I seemed to be stuck
where I'm trying to do the final linking stage with gcc. No matter how I
arrange the linking part I am getting undefined symbol references. If I try
to do the linking with g++, I get Fortran undefined reference symbols, if I
try to the linking with g77, I get C++ undefined references (iostream).
Could the GNU GCC group perhaps guide in a direction to resolve this issue?

Mike

* Re: Question
@ 2000-05-31 11:03 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2000-05-31 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ezequiel.Munoz, gcc

Yes.

* Re: Question
@ 2000-05-31 10:33 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-05-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ezequiel.Munoz; +Cc: gcc

> I would like to know if I can use this GCC compiler to make programs
> in c and c++ under Windows98 and Windows NT.

Sure.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. I guess your next question is: Where can I get that compiler?
Please see the binaries link on gcc.gnu.org.

* Question
@ 2000-05-31  8:41 Ezequiel Munoz
From: Ezequiel Munoz @ 2000-05-31  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Dears,

I would like to know if I can use this GCC compiler to make programs in c
and c++ under Windows98 and Windows NT.

Thanks in advance,

Ezequiel.

* question
@ 2000-02-24 15:21 Mark.Edwards
From: Mark.Edwards @ 2000-02-24 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Title: question

hello - i unziped:

gcc-2_95_2-sd-11_00_depot

and the readme.hpux looks like it is more for installing than actually running....

(at least this newbie TRIED to read the instructions)

now, is there a README or any instructions that pertain to using the pre-build executable
version??

i tried (and failed):

> gcc  helloworld.c
as: "/var/tmp/ccIJzYda.s", line 22: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - NSUBSPA

> cat  helloworld.c
int main()
{
    printf ("Hello world!..\n");
    return (0);
}

any thoughs??  thx,  mark edwards

* Re: QUESTION
@ 2000-02-18  5:47 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 2000-02-18  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon.Jacobs, gcc

In a message dated 2/18/2000 2:48:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Leon.Jacobs@hoogovens.com writes:

> In one of my Fortran-codes I want to call an executable written in another
>  programming language (DELPHI). Is this possible within Fortran, and if so,
>  are these commands compilable by the GNU-compiler?
I am not certain of the answer, but this appears to be a question related to
MS Windows programming and .dll's, and there is a great deal of material on
this subject at http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan .

Tim
tprince@computer.org

* QUESTION
@ 2000-02-18  2:47 Jacobs, L
From: Jacobs, L @ 2000-02-18  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Dear reader,

I started programming in Fortran a few weeks ago. For compiling programs I
make use of the GNU-compiler. I found this email-address on your web-site.
In one of my Fortran-codes I want to call an executable written in another
programming language (DELPHI). Is this possible within Fortran, and if so,
are these commands compilable by the GNU-compiler?

I would be very gratefull if you could help me with this problem. I look
forward to receiving your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Leon Jacobs

Corus Research Development & Technology
P.O. Box 10.000
1970 CA IJmuiden (The Netherlands)
tel. +31 (0)251-495103 / fax +31 (0)251-470235

* Question...
@ 1999-10-31 23:35 ` k154067
From: k154067 @ 1999-10-31 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

  I am writing code to HItachi h8/3003-controller and I have compile this
code with gcc. But now I have problem with floating point math it seems to
go wrong... I understod that problem is compiler which is gcc 2.7.-96q3a.
So now I have tried to find newer compiler into internet but all I have
found is to be to unix and I have dos... So where I could find compiler to
dos and cross-compiler to h8/3003???

Yours
Tappi
k154067@cc.tut.fi

* Re: Question...
@ 1999-10-31 23:35   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-10-31 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: k154067; +Cc: gcc

  In message < 19991019070232.17931.qmail@assari.cc.tut.fi >you write:
  > Hi,
  >
  >   I am writing code to HItachi h8/3003-controller and I have compile this
  > code with gcc. But now I have problem with floating point math it seems to
  > go wrong... I understod that problem is compiler which is gcc 2.7.-96q3a.
  > So now I have tried to find newer compiler into internet but all I have
  > found is to be to unix and I have dos... So where I could find compiler to
  > dos and cross-compiler to h8/3003???
There was a series bug in older versions of the H8 tools which effected
floating point.

Get gcc-2.95.2.

jeff

* Re: Question...
@ 1999-10-19  0:24 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-10-19  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: k154067; +Cc: gcc

@ 1999-10-19  0:02 k154067
From: k154067 @ 1999-10-19  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1998-09-21  3:54   ` Alex Buell
From: Alex Buell @ 1998-09-21  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: Linux Egcs

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message < Pine.LNX.4.02.9809210014050.19908-100000@tahallah.demon.co.uk >you write:
>   > Why isn't there any diffs for glibc-2.0.9x? I've just heard 2.0.96 is out
>   > now, does that means I have to download the whole thing just to move from
>   > 2.0.95 to 2.0.96?
> You'd have to talk to the glibc folks.  That's a totally different
> project with different mailing lists.

OOPS! Guys, I'm really sorry. I must have posted this to the wrong mailing
list. Do forgive me!

Cheers,
Alex
--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!

Linux tahallah 2.1.122 #43 Sat Sep 19 10:54:36 EDT 1998 One AMD 486 DX/4 processor, 49.77 total bogomips, 32M RAM

* Re: Question
@ 1998-09-21  3:48 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-09-21  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.buell; +Cc: Linux Egcs

@ 1998-09-21  3:48 ` Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 1998-09-21  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.buell; +Cc: Linux Egcs

>Why isn't there any diffs for glibc-2.0.9x? I've just heard 2.0.96 is out
>now, does that means I have to download the whole thing just to move from
>2.0.95 to 2.0.96?

Why are you asking the egcs list?

p.

* Question
@ 1998-09-20 21:17 Alex Buell
From: Alex Buell @ 1998-09-20 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Egcs

@ 1998-04-21 17:38 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 1998-04-21 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SXTHREE; +Cc: egcs

> Why is _IO_va_list defined as a char * (in streambuf.h)

It is not "defined as a char *" unless it has not been already defined.
And it is supposed to have been defined in _G_config.h;
if it wasn't, there is some configuration error.

> and not as a __gnuc_va_list like other va_lists ??

You mean like in libio.h?

Well, since streambuf.h includes libio.h, which defined _IO_va_list,
it seems pointless to define in in streambuf.h.  I looks like some vestige
of something-or-other, which should perhaps be removed.

> It produces an error while compiling isscan.cc 'cause
> a va_list (defined as a __gnuc_va_list i.e. void * on
> my OS) is passed where a _IO_va_list (defined as a char *)
> is expected.

Well, now I am confused.  Why did streambuf.h this _IO_va_list
was not defined - did libio.h not define _IO_va_list?

(Note that I am no longer maintaining libio, so perhaps I'm
misunderstanding something.)

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner

* Question
@ 1998-04-21  6:52 SXTHREE
From: SXTHREE @ 1998-04-21  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Why is _IO_va_list defined as a char * (in streambuf.h)
and not as a __gnuc_va_list like other va_lists ??

It produces an error while compiling isscan.cc 'cause
a va_list (defined as a __gnuc_va_list i.e. void * on
my OS) is passed where a _IO_va_list (defined as a char *)
is expected.

FM

* Re: question
@ 1998-04-06  9:34 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1998-04-06  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel.Egger; +Cc: egcs

>  It thought it stands for something like
>  "Enhanced Gnu Compiler System"

The GCS does indeed stand for "GNU compiler system".  However, the E
may have multiple meanings ("experimental" to please some, "enhanced"
to please others, ...).  So in the end when we announced egcs we just
didn't say.

* Re: question
@ 1998-04-05 13:18 Daniel Egger
From: Daniel Egger @ 1998-04-05 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

On Sat, 04 Apr 1998, you wrote:

> > what does "egcs" stand for? Its not in the FAQ.

>It just sounded good.

 It thought it stands for something like
 "Enhanced Gnu Compiler System"

--