* undefined reference to `gt_pch_nx_tree_code'
       [not found] <26eb53620910262036l30235febh11fe83ba4353351a@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-10-27  9:51 ` Aravinda
From: Aravinda @ 2009-10-27  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I am writing a new pass for gcc that uses the GTY markers,
1. I have included the source file in GTFILES_H in gcc/Makefile.in.
2. I have the gt-path.h mentioned in the compilation for source file
3. I have the #include "gt-path.h" at the very end of the code of source file.

I see the gt-path.h is getting created in the build/gcc directory. But
I am getting the below error. Is there something I am missing in the
Makefile, I tried to look at a similar example of tree-mudflap.c that
uses GTY markers, I do not see any difference in the steps I have
followed. I havent done gcc dev before, so I'd really appreciate any
help in this regard.

main.o tree-browser.o libbackend.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a
../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a
../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a   -lmpfr -lgmp
-rdynamic -ldl
libbackend.a(gtype-desc.o): In function `gt_ggc_m_P9tree_code4htab':
/home/aravinda/svnbuild/gcc/gtype-desc.c:1968: undefined reference to
`gt_ggc_mx_tree_code'
libbackend.a(gtype-desc.o): In function `gt_pch_n_P9tree_code4htab':
/home/aravinda/svnbuild/gcc/gtype-desc.c:4133: undefined reference to
`gt_pch_nx_tree_code'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cc1-dummy] Error 1
Thanks,
Aravinda

* Re: undefined reference to `gt_pch_nx_tree_code'
@ 2009-11-01 20:28   ` Laurynas Biveinis
From: Laurynas Biveinis @ 2009-11-01 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aravinda; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

It's hard to tell. The normal definition of tree_code is enum in
tree.h and it is an atomic type with respect GCC garbage collection.
But the names like gt_gcc_mx_tree_code suggest that GCC internals try
to treat it as a struct or some other non atomic type.  Any chance
that your source does not include tree.h and defines some tree_code
type of its own?

--
Laurynas

* Re: undefined reference to `gt_pch_nx_tree_code'
@ 2009-11-01 22:37     ` Aravinda
From: Aravinda @ 2009-11-01 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurynas Biveinis; +Cc: gcc

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply. No, I am not using any specific tree_code
definitions and I have included tree.h in the pass file.
I dont know if some code will help, but, this is what I am doing

gcc-svn/gcc/tree-boud.c
static GTY(( is_param(union tree_code) )) htab_t boud_ins = NULL;
#include "gt-tree-boud.h"
<EOF>

The generated gt-tree-boud.h in the build/gcc directory looks like,
const struct ggc_root_tab gt_ggc_r_gt_tree_boud_h[] = {
  {
    &boud_ins,
    1,
    sizeof(boud_ins),
    &gt_ggc_m_P9tree_code4htab,
    &gt_pch_n_P9tree_code4htab
  },
  LAST_GGC_ROOT_TAB
};

The function `gt_pch_n_P9tree_code4htab' and
`gt_ggc_m_P9tree_code4htab' are defined in build/gcc/gtypes-desc.c
which references `gt_ggc_mx_tree_code'. And I dont know where this is
coming from, gtypes-desc only has an extern definition. Do you think I
need to include some library (which has its definition) in the
Makefile for compiling tree-boud.o ?

Thanks,
Aravinda

@ 2009-11-01 22:45       ` Laurynas Biveinis
From: Laurynas Biveinis @ 2009-11-01 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aravinda; +Cc: gcc

> static GTY(( is_param(union tree_code) )) htab_t boud_ins = NULL;

Ah, now it's clear. You probably wanted "union tree_node" with n, not c, here.

--
Laurynas

* Re: undefined reference to `gt_pch_nx_tree_code'
@ 2009-11-02 22:34         ` Aravinda
From: Aravinda @ 2009-11-02 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurynas Biveinis; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your time and replies.. It worked. Im sorry it was a
silly mistake that I dint notice.

Aravinda

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Laurynas Biveinis