* Documentation format question
@ 2022-05-25 20:35 Andrew MacLeod
From: Andrew MacLeod @ 2022-05-25 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC; +Cc: Aldy Hernandez, Martin Liska

I am going to get to some documentation for ranger and its components
later this cycle.

I use to stick these sorts things on the wiki page, but i find that gets
out of date really quickly.  I could add more comments to the top of
each file, but that doesnt seem very practical for larger architectural
descriptions, nor for APIs/use cases/best practices.   I could use
google docs and turn it into a PDF or some other format, but that isnt
very flexible.

Do we/anyone have any forward looking plans for GCC documentation that I
should consider using?  It would be nice to be able to tie some of it
into source files/classes in some way, but I am unsure of a decent
direction.  It has to be easy to use, or I wont use it :-)  And i
presume many others wouldn't either.  Im not too keep an manually
marking up text either.

It would be nice if we had a central plan/direction that we were looking
to adopt.  Is there such a thing I'm simply not aware of because I don't
pay enough attention? I heard rumors on a gdb conversation that Marxin
is dabbling/using/trying something for gcc docs?

Andrew