* MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your results!
@ 2009-09-10 22:07 Kaveh R. GHAZI
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Kaveh R. GHAZI @ 2009-09-10 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

mpc-0.7 now has been released, you can get the package here:
http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=download

Here's the official announcement:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/mpc-discuss/2009-September/000554.html

Of particular interest in this release are bugfixes, especially for
complex division, and the introduction of mpc_pow used for folding
cpow{,f,l} inside GCC.

Note the complex "arc" functions are still missing and are now projected
to be available in a future release, probably 0.8.

Please download, compile and run "make check" for this release and post
your results as well your target triplet and the versions of your
compiler, gmp and mpfr. All platform results are welcome, but I am
especially interested in GCC's primary and secondary platform list.

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh

* RE: MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your results!
@ 2009-09-11  9:25 ` Weddington, Eric
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Weddington, Eric @ 2009-09-11  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. GHAZI, gcc

<snip>
> Please download, compile and run "make check" for this
> release and post
> your results as well your target triplet and the versions of your
> compiler, gmp and mpfr. All platform results are welcome, but I am
> especially interested in GCC's primary and secondary platform list.

mpc 0.7
i686-pc-mingw32
gcc 3.4.5
gmp 4.3.1
mpfr 2.4.1

===================
All 45 tests passed
===================

Eric Weddington

* Re: MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your results!
@ 2009-09-11 11:03 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-09-11 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. GHAZI; +Cc: gcc

Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mpc-0.7 now has been released, you can get the package here:
> http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=download

  Dude!  You have a 2.2 megabyte JPG on your front page!  Seriously, WTF?!  It
took like five seconds to slowly load by scanlines, it was like being back in
1995!  (Also, it's embedded from wikimedia commons.  What happens if the
original uploader decides to replace it with a copy of goatse one day?)

  Err, anyway, to the point:

> $ ./config.status --version
> mpc config.status 0.7
> configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61,
>   with options "'-v' '--prefix=/usr' '--disable-static' '--enable-shared'"

> ===================
> All 45 tests passed
> ===================

> $ ./config.guess
> i686-pc-cygwin

> $ cygcheck -cd cygwin gcc4 mpfr gmp libmpfr1 libgmp3
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version
> cygwin               1.7.0-60
> gcc4                 4.3.2-2
> gmp                  4.3.1-3
> libgmp3              4.3.1-3
> libmpfr1             2.4.1-4
> mpfr                 2.4.1-4

  No sign of the previous compile problems, so that confirms the fix was
integrated correctly.  Thanks.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your results!
@ 2009-09-11 14:00 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2009-09-11 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. GHAZI; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Kaveh R. GHAZI <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Please download, compile and run "make check" for this release and post
> your results as well your target triplet and the versions of your
> compiler, gmp and mpfr. All platform results are welcome, but I am
> especially interested in GCC's primary and secondary platform list.

powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
gcc-4.3.4
gmp-4.2.4
mpfr-2.4.0
mpc-0.7

===================
All 45 tests passed
===================

* Re: MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your  results!
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-09-11 19:31 ` Janis Johnson
From: Janis Johnson @ 2009-09-11 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. GHAZI; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 18:06 -0400, Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mpc-0.7 now has been released, you can get the package here:
> http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=download
>
> Here's the official announcement:
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/mpc-discuss/2009-September/000554.html
>
> Of particular interest in this release are bugfixes, especially for
> complex division, and the introduction of mpc_pow used for folding
> cpow{,f,l} inside GCC.
>
> Note the complex "arc" functions are still missing and are now projected
> to be available in a future release, probably 0.8.
>
> Please download, compile and run "make check" for this release and post
> your results as well your target triplet and the versions of your
> compiler, gmp and mpfr. All platform results are welcome, but I am
> especially interested in GCC's primary and secondary platform list.

I tested using both -m32 and -m64 versions of the libraries.

powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu
gcc-4.4.1
gmp-4.2.4
mpfr-2.4.1
mpc-0.7

For both versions of the library:

===================
All 45 tests passed
===================

* Re: MPC 0.7 officially released, please test and report your results!
@ 2009-09-18 21:43 Loren James Rittle
From: Loren James Rittle @ 2009-09-18 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:

> Please download, compile and run "make check" for this release and post
> your results as well your target triplet and the versions of your
> compiler, gmp and mpfr. All platform results are welcome, but I am
> especially interested in GCC's primary and secondary platform list.

Using the default system compiler [4.2.1] on i386-unknown-freebsd7.2
with /usr/ports/math/libgmp4 [4.3.1] and /usr/ports/math/mpfr [2.4.1]:

All 45 tests passed

gcc mainline -r151819 results without any version of MPC installed:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg01577.html

gcc mainline -r151819 results with MPC 0.7 installed will be
auto-posted as soon as available (and will be marked with mpc-0.7_1)
but I have already studied the gcc.log portion and seen 24 new PASSes.

Regards,
Loren